“Busy spot” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 129 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Entertaining clients, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Calgary
“Busy spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We've eaten here many times while in Banff and always enjoyed the food. Our visit this time did not bring memorable feelings, but overall good. Friendly wait staff.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Awesome food, awesome service, good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were glad we made a reservation because the place was busy but right from entering the restaurant we were made to feel welcome and appreciated. We were seated immediately and our waiter took our drink order right away. We started with the seafood and mussel appetizer and it was fantastic. Then I had moussaka (my favourite) and it was the best I've ever had with greek salad. My husband had souvalaki skewers and also enjoyed his meal. The portions were substantial and we were too full for dessert. All in all. a fantastic meal for a very fair price. So glad we read Urban Spoon reviews.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“A tasty treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We ate by the bar, so I can't comment on the restaurant interior, but we certainly had plenty entertainment watching the cocktails being made!
The food was delicious, with generous helpings. As a coeliac, I had lots of choice, and was given a large plate of crudites to substitute for the pita bread with my starter.
I was also impressed to see one of the owners circulating to everyone to ensure they were enjoying their meal.

Visited June 2012
Queensland, Australia
“Fabulous Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've been to this restaurant three times now and the only bad thing to say is that it can be quite noisy. But on the flip side, you know the food is excellent because it's busy. The service is professional and friendly. They cater for large groups easily as well as families with young children. The roast lamb is succulent and very moreish. I would highly recommend Balkan for anyone who likes good food!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great atmosphere, delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Service was quick, the food was delicious, and the prices were reasonable for that kind of dining. Would happily eat there again. I recommend the platter special.

Visited December 2012