“Awesome food, awesome service, good prices” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 133 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Awesome food, awesome service, good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were glad we made a reservation because the place was busy but right from entering the restaurant we were made to feel welcome and appreciated. We were seated immediately and our waiter took our drink order right away. We started with the seafood and mussel appetizer and it was fantastic. Then I had moussaka (my favourite) and it was the best I've ever had with greek salad. My husband had souvalaki skewers and also enjoyed his meal. The portions were substantial and we were too full for dessert. All in all. a fantastic meal for a very fair price. So glad we read Urban Spoon reviews.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cork, Ireland
“A tasty treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We ate by the bar, so I can't comment on the restaurant interior, but we certainly had plenty entertainment watching the cocktails being made!
The food was delicious, with generous helpings. As a coeliac, I had lots of choice, and was given a large plate of crudites to substitute for the pita bread with my starter.
I was also impressed to see one of the owners circulating to everyone to ensure they were enjoying their meal.

Visited June 2012
Queensland, Australia
“Fabulous Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've been to this restaurant three times now and the only bad thing to say is that it can be quite noisy. But on the flip side, you know the food is excellent because it's busy. The service is professional and friendly. They cater for large groups easily as well as families with young children. The roast lamb is succulent and very moreish. I would highly recommend Balkan for anyone who likes good food!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great atmosphere, delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Service was quick, the food was delicious, and the prices were reasonable for that kind of dining. Would happily eat there again. I recommend the platter special.

Visited December 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Delicious! Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

We were on Greece this summer and wanted some Greek food so bad. We found this lovely little restaurant and enjoyed a fantastic meal! Service was great to!
I had the Athenian Chicken, awesome! And to start we had the tzatziki which was tangy and has lots of garlic and we had the saganaki... We loved it all! Brought back great memories.

Enjoy