“Best spa experiance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Earth Spa

Red Earth Spa
521 Banff Avenue | P.O. Box 1070, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B1, Canada
(403) 762-5887
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 55 Activities in Banff
More attraction details
Owner description: Red Earth Spa is a full service spa with six treatment rooms including one dedicated to hydrotherapy. The Spa also features a manicure and facial room. The spa has a number of areas for clients to relax before, in-between or after a treatment. Come join us at Banff's only full service Spa on Banff Avenue.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Best spa experiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Loved the couples massage, private plunge before the massage was amazing. A chance to relax and bond. The most relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff made the experience even better.

Visited May 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Rushed, Rude Staff, Crappy Pedicures”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My closest girls took me to the Red Earth Spa for an afternoon of relaxation for a stag weekend. The spa in itself is beautiful and so was the hot pool area. Four of us received pedicures and the other two revived massages. We were told the signature pedicures were an hour long and that included a massage. All four of us were disappointed as to how much we paid and what service we received. I regularly go to signature pedicures at spas in calgary and I was very much disappointed by the experience at red earth in comparison to them. My sister was not satisfied with one of her toes as it looked messy. The receptionist got down on her hands and knees to fix this. The polish application still looked messy. After numerous phone conversations this same receptionist offered a fraction of what my sister paid as a refund. The pedicures lasted barely a week and a half. The massages were said to be alright. At a spa I understand its okay for you to take a dip and get showered and ready in the change rooms. Staff from the front came to our group and told us to remain to one side as there were so many of us in the washroom areaSince when does Spa staff rush out their clients while they get ready?!?! At the end instead of having the option to add gratuity on the interac terminal the receptionist blatantly asked each one of us. This should be a choice and not vocalized for everyone to see an understand how much each one of us chose to give. All in all this experience could have been much better if staff simply did their job right.

Visited April 2013
hotelgmBanff, General Manager at Red Earth Spa, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that your experience at the Spa was less than perfect. We bend over backwards to accommodate all guests and always make decisions we feel are in the interest of all guests; we apologize that your perception was otherwise. Our team is built with professionals who have years of experience in the industry and I am surprised and disappointed to hear that your service was not exceptional. We welcome you to contact us directly to address your concerns.
15 attraction reviews
“great spa day, but just a little rushed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

a girlfriend and i went for a little spa day over the xmas holidays and this is the one she picked of the few places i found in the area. we booked a package so we could get a massage, pedicure and facial... which they were able to squeeze in for the two of us so we could be there at the same time. it was tight scheduling but i found the staff attentive and very eager to please us.

don't get me wrong, the spa is lovely. really a great little spa and all our treatments were amazing... the staff really are well trained and do a wonderful job. my only little complaint is that we felt a bit rushed. all three treatments were back to back which provided little time for just relaxing in that "i'm having a spa day" way. next time i would try to spread it out over more time - maybe even over two days so we could just casually hang out. to be fair, i am not blaming the spa or the staff for this - they truly went out of their way to accomodate us. it is more of a "i'll know for next time" annecdote.

oh, and the pool is great but i was kinda sad that there was no outdoor component since it is more of a hot pool and not an actual swimming pool. oh well.

bonus - the products they use at the spa are top notch.

Visited December 2012
“Absolutely wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family and I recently spent time in the Red Earth Spa over Family Day weekend. What a treat! As soon as we entered we were warmly welcomed by the receptionist. We were shown where the ladies and mens change rooms were and each given a key with a thick robe and sandals.

We got there before our treatments and took advantage of the hot pool. It was wonderful! I do admit, it would be nice to have a cooler plunge pool to take advantage of as well. There was a stream room available if you wanted.

I received a facial by Renee and it was fabulous! Along with the facial was a hand/arm massage as well as a foot massage. I loved this! She also gave me my skin analysis along with some samples of product that she wanted me to try.

My older daughter received a massage, my younger daughter a mini-manicure and my hubby, a sports pedicure.

We were very impressed with the friendliness and service that Red Earth provided. We will definitely be back again!

Thank you!

Visited February 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Booked a spa weekend for my mom's 60th bday and Red Earth Spa did not disappoint. Booked a 90 minute massage and facial over the phone with ease. When we arrived, they greeted us warmly and the customer service was great! The hot pools were very relaxing before our treatments. The massage was actually very, very good! The pressure was perfect and was comparable to my regular therapist that I go to once a month, unlike other spa massages that I've had where it was mediocre. They had both our treatments in their couples room which was nice as my mom and I couls relish the experience together. The facial was great and included a hand and foot massage with it! This was a nice surprise as my mom loves getting foot massages so she had it twice. We were treated like queens the whole time we were there. The only thing was I wanted to purchase some product that the therapist suggested but they ran out. However, they did help me find a place to get it in Calgary. Red Earth Spa was fantastic! We will definitely be back!