“I would so do this again!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Sports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Calgary
“I would so do this again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The Via Ferrata at Mount Norquay is one of banff's newest treasures. We did the 4 hour Ridgewalker with our fantastic guide Carl! And it was worth every penny. If you have the time, I highly recommend the Ridgewalker. Don't worry, it's not any harder than signing up for the 2 hour trip.

You start the trip with a brief introduction to the gear and what to expect on the hill then off you go. Almost immediately you'll get a kick of cardio followed by a thrill crossing the plank bridge. Next you meander your way up the mountain using a combination of vertical climbing and hiking. Our guide gave us breaks to catch our breath and take photos. The climb took approximately 2 1/2 hours to get to the top with breathtaking views of the banff townsite and every mountain around norquay. I couldn't stop saying Wow.

The hike down was steep but relatively gradual, taking about an hour.

All in all, enjoyed every minute of this morning excursion.

Visited July 2014

Birmingham
“Thrilling with amazing views! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Wonderful adventure! I had no climbing experience and had no problems at all. Went with my husband and 16-year-old nephew. There were definitely thrilling parts of the climb. Views from the top were incredible.

3 attraction reviews
“Terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Think you can't scale vertical slabs of rock? You will be very surprised and exhilarated. Personally I don't think you could do this with an injury or if you are really uncoordinated. You have to have "some" strength and fitness. I liked how the two guides split the group after a short while so the more capable people were not being slowed down by the less confident people. I absolutely loved this challenge. It was the highlight of my trip to Canada and I have done ALOT of paid and free outdoor activities on this trip.

Long Sault
“via Ferreta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Took my 14 year old son. It was so much fun. Staff was very helpful. Guides Kevin and Emma were very encouraging. It is very safe even though you are spending most of your time on a cliff face.

My son and I both highly recommend it!

Banff, Canada
16 attraction reviews
“One of the must do things before you get old!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

These guys are all about safety first!

Our guides, Chris and Kevin were personable, knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. The experience is amazing and it is true: anyone who is reasonably fit can do it.

If you have never climbed before, or if you are little scared, try this! It will show you you are capable of doing more than you may think...

The views from up there are stunning and you feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment once you make it to the top.

Highly recommend to anyone.

Visited July 2014