“Thrilling with amazing views! ” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Sports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Birmingham
“Thrilling with amazing views! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Wonderful adventure! I had no climbing experience and had no problems at all. Went with my husband and 16-year-old nephew. There were definitely thrilling parts of the climb. Views from the top were incredible.

3 attraction reviews
“Terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Think you can't scale vertical slabs of rock? You will be very surprised and exhilarated. Personally I don't think you could do this with an injury or if you are really uncoordinated. You have to have "some" strength and fitness. I liked how the two guides split the group after a short while so the more capable people were not being slowed down by the less confident people. I absolutely loved this challenge. It was the highlight of my trip to Canada and I have done ALOT of paid and free outdoor activities on this trip.

Long Sault
“via Ferreta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Took my 14 year old son. It was so much fun. Staff was very helpful. Guides Kevin and Emma were very encouraging. It is very safe even though you are spending most of your time on a cliff face.

My son and I both highly recommend it!

Banff, Canada
16 attraction reviews
“One of the must do things before you get old!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

These guys are all about safety first!

Our guides, Chris and Kevin were personable, knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. The experience is amazing and it is true: anyone who is reasonably fit can do it.

If you have never climbed before, or if you are little scared, try this! It will show you you are capable of doing more than you may think...

The views from up there are stunning and you feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment once you make it to the top.

Highly recommend to anyone.

Visited July 2014
Banff
33 attraction reviews
“An instant classic away from the summer crowds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

A group of four of us recently completed the 4 hour trip to the top of the ridge at Norquay. I would recommend doing the 4 hour trip over the 2 hour trip as I think you would be wanting more if you only went for two hours. Group size tops out at 8, we had 6. Two of us were really scared going into the trip. We all enjoyed it. The guides are certified but laid back. I did not find the activity to be overly physical or scary so anyone can do it really as long as you can climb a ladder, can follow a simple routine and can handle heights. They are making more trail improvements every day it seems to make the descent better. You might find the cost prohibitive but consider what you will get from this excursion/trip:
-a real feeling of accomplishment
-fantastic views throughout and on the chairlift ride to the start
-relative isolation from the crowds as the group sizes are small (something you don't often come by in Banff summer)
-certified and safe guides (they said they were practicing rescue procedures yesterday)
-participation in an activity that is brand new, and hardly found anywhere else in Canada

I would suggest offering a six hour trip to the true summit of Norquay as a part of future development plan. I wish I was back up there right now.

Visited July 2014