“Always pleasant staff will go back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fox Hotel & Suites

You added Fox Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Fox Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   461 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Oakville, Canada
“Always pleasant staff will go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was my second stay, and I would be willing to make it a 3rd in the future. The rooms are nicely appointed, bed was comfortable, wifi does work well, plenty of warm water. Enough tv channels to keep you entertained but really go outside and enjoy Banff. Bring your skates and go skating.
Breakfast in the morning was enough to get a decent start on the ski hill!
Parking was included which I think is a must, tired of hotels that charge too much for parking.
The hot tub is a really nice addition to the hotel, only thing was it was impossible to see anything while in there, not sure if it was because of the huge temp difference outside etc.
Chillis on site is a decent place to eat as well, always tip the staff well they are a great bunch

Room Tip: Please note that most of the rooms are accessed via an outside walkway. This is ok when the weather...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed at The Fox for a single night (Sunday-Monday) and couldn't have asked for a better experience. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, heated underground parking included with stay, free wifi, free continental breakfast for two (with an awesome make your own waffle station), and access to their private underground grotto hot tub. This grotto was made to look like Banff's famous Cave and Basin and they did a really good job. My wife and I relaxed in the hot pool for an hour listening to gentle Christmas music being played throughout the grotto area.

Additionally, the rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, and they even use Rocky Mountain Soap which was a nice change from the low grade soaps used at most major hotel chains.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Fox to anyone looking for a great stay in Banff!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend away and it was fantastic. There was a little mix up with our reservation as we had asked for a loft but were booked a standard room on the main floor.
We weren't in there for very long but the room was very dark and small which is great if you're only planning to sleep there but I did seem a bit noisy as it's facing the courtyard and you can hear the people in hot tub below on top of the noise from the people going in and out of their rooms.
I must say that the service was excellent since after a quick chat with the gentleman at the front desk, we were moved to one bedroom suite on the 3rd floor for half the price (you catch more flies with honey).
We were in room 323 which was an end unit that was tucked away from main walkway so it was very quite. We didn't hear a thing from any of our neighbors or from the courtyard. There's not much a view from the balcony which we didn't mind since we spent most of the day outside anyways.
We didn't have the breakfast but we did eat at the Chilis in the lobby for dinner since it's one of my favorites haha. The service was slow to start but the food was great.
The location was also great, it was a quick walk to the main strip and I was in heels.

All in all it was a great place to stay for the weekend.

Room Tip: If you stay here, make sure you close the blinds on your door since it's one big window... we en...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I came here with really high expectations. Normally this place is booked up, or vacant for a premium. This Friday the price was decent, so I booked a solo night in one of their basic rooms.
I later learned basic rooms only have the inner courtyard views…so basically nothing. My room was quite small, made smaller by the patterned green wall paper, but overall, the room was quaint. The problem was it was situated right on the stairwell…so ALL night I heard people walking up and down with luggage, chatting, etc. Make no mistake…this place is focused to the suites…not the one bedroom bedrooms. I bed was quite hard…as was the pillow. Good thing I like hard beds…but even these ones almost tested my limits.

Staff was friendly and professional, so 5/5 for them. Same goes with the hot tub…the main draw! Pretty much the main reason I came here. You can tell the entire hotel is built around the draw of the hot tub.

The attached Chilies restaurant looked good…and staff was friendly. I had a philly and fries for lunch, and it was quite gross! The quality of food seems to be sub-standard. The continental was better then expected. I particularly enjoyed the waffles…but whip cream, choice of cheese, and maybe one choice of meat would of made it perfect.

Overall, the place was worth what I paid…but with the prices during peak season, I think I would of been disappointed. I also think it would be silly to book here if you are not considering a suite of some sort.

Room Tip: Suite or nothing…the basic rooms are small and located in bad locations.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Market Harborough, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

With my visit to Canada only being short, this hotel was really exactly what I was looking for.
Banff has a lot of places to stay but was recommended this one by a friend.
The entrance was very warm and welcoming and the room was spot on it had everything you needed, especially the bedrooms being on the lower floor :-)
The sauna and hot pool was based below in a santa kinda grotto, cozy underground with rocks as the decor. was lovely to sit there, relax and look up into the night sky with a cool breeze.
Onsite bar was great, friendly staff, food excellent, only downside was that there was not a hot breakfast available... we didnt stay for too long in the mornings to try out the continental.
Overall a super stay and a lovely hotel!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Banff has some great places to stay, however the Fox Inn & Suites offers something quite unique in the form of a cozy grotto spa pool located below ground featuring a sauna and open "roof" allowing you to gaze up to the sky - it's the perfect place to unwind after a day of skiing or a days activities.
Check out the on-site restaurant and bar too.
Rooms at the hotel were very well equipped and comfortable.
Enjoy!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a lovely few days at this hotel. The staff are all great as is the hotel. The hot tub is fantastic. The rooms are comfortable and we in fact had a 2-bedroomed suite which included a sitting / mini kitchen. It was warm and noise free. The only reason I gave this a 3 star and not a 4star is that the included cold continental breakfast buffet is lacking a choice of cold meat and fresh fruit and sliced cheeses. Otherwise a really good place to stay.

Room Tip: If night time noise bothers you, ask for a room facing into the courtyard. On Friday and Saturday ni...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fox Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!