“Small room & dirty hot tub” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fox Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added Fox Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Fox Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   461 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Banff
“Small room & dirty hot tub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was excited to stay at the Fox because it is one of the newest Caribou hotels and seems super luxury from the outside. However, I was disappointed. The room was so small and the window faced the corridor so if we had the curtain open, anyone walking by could look right into our room. And the hot tub was so dirty and the change room did not have any towels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Hotel is in a great location & they give you free bus passes. Hotel is lovely, great design & amazing pool. Breakfast buffet offers good choices. Staff at front desk are the best, go out of their way to help you. Would recommend hotel highly

• Stayed October 2014
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed here with my 7yo son... and we had a blast! We stayed in one of the Premium Loft Suites.... talk about beautiful views! Balcony was amazing to hang out on... the hot pool was soooo relaxing after hiking all day and the staff was great! Chili's was a great place to have dinner and their continental breakfast was a perfect start to our day! Would totally stay there again if our family ever goes back :D

Room Tip: If you can swing it, splurge for a premium loft suite... its worth the balcony and extra space!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We spent 3 days in a lovely suite with great breakfasts. The front desk was very helpful with recommendations and maps. The setting is gorgeous and the hotel is designed to take full advantage of the site. The hot tub has an amazing view and feels great after a day trekking in the Rockies. This was a great stop on our trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisco, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed for one night only, great price including breakfast. The room was nice, but hot. As you can expect with a newer looking hotel, you simply have to kick in the AC and all is well, well this is not the case here…as some rooms have the AC and some don't. Also our room didn't have a fridge, which we were hoping to have, again, I should have asked all those things, but most hotels do these days… Ensure you request one with AC if your are there in the warm summer months, as the fan provided in the closet in the room does not do the trick! As stated in many reviews before the bathroom is small, but clean and really all thats needed. We loved the cave hot tub and the location is perfect, few minutes walk and you are where most of the shops and restaurants are located. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My partner and I stayed in Fox Hotel & Suites in Banff for one night and we then spent another night in Lake Louise. My first tip to future Rockies travellers: Spent all of your nights in Banff and just travel during the day to Lake Louise and Banff National Pak.

Lake Louise township is small and hotels there are expensive so it's really not worth the trouble moving hotels.

Now, back to Fox Hotel & Suites. We had one bedroom suite with a large living area and well equipped kitchen. The bathroom is tiny but our room has the 2nd washing basin in the corridor which was very useful. The bedroom is spacious and very clean. Heating is sufficient which is important for winter travellers. We didn't do any cooking for this trip but if you are taking your own car, stock up with some groceries before checking into the hotel :).

Chili's Grill & Bar, the restaurant associated with the hotel is very nice. We had both our dinner and our breakfast there. As a gourmet cook myself, I am very picky with food but I was thoroughly impressed by the spinach and chicken rolls we ordered. The dessert was also mouth-watering. Overall, the dining experience in Fox Hotel & Suites is very enjoyable.

Don't forget to ask for your free bus ticket from the reception. I took the bus to Mt. Sulphur. It's a 30-minute ride and the bus stop is to the right of the front entrance of the hotel. BTW, when I climbed up Mt. Sulphur, I met a black bear so bring a bear spray if you plan to do any hiking in the Rockies.

When I go back to Banff in the future, I will consider staying with Fox Hotel & Suites again provided their rate is competitive.

Room Tip: Our room has a small bathroom. If this worries you, check with the front desk whether all rooms are...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Roseville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for one night, after coming into town for a wedding. My grandparents chose this one as a "home base" for some of the wedding guests. My brother ended up being able to come at the last minute and I was worried about if he would fit in my room. When I called, they told me I had a "king suite". I did not know what that meant, I just booked it on Expedia and had hoped for the best.

When we arrived and got to the room, I saw it was literally a suite! There was a dividing door so my brother could have the living area and pull out sofa and I had the bedroom. There was a small kitchen area. The soap in the bathroom was locally made and smelled amazing. I was on the first floor and concerned with noise but it was so very quiet that night.

The breakfast that was included though..... left a lot to be desired. It was the standard continental of fruit, cereal, and pastries but everything seemed old or left out. I wouldn't eat breakfast there again, I rather pay extra and go to a real restaurant.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fox Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!