“Nice Location and Beautiful Hot Pools” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fox Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added Fox Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Fox Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   461 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Banff
calgary
“Nice Location and Beautiful Hot Pools”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my wife. The location is Awesome, 5 Minutes walk into Banff.

The room was not too bad, but just felt a little dated with the wallpaper. The one other thing I did not like about the room was noise from above and next door. Our room had a door between our room and the other, and sound proofing was poor. I should have brought this to their attention but decided to live with it.

The pool area was the highlight of staying here. It is really nice and the water is a great temperature.

Our stay included a continental breakfast which was basic but free non the less.

We ate once at chillie's restaurant and unfortunately, our waiter kept getting our order wrong so it was not the best experience. But in the mornings the staff were great with keeping us topped up with coffee.

Storage for skis is available on site and locks are provided.

Overall, our stay was pretty good, but for some reason, I just feel that I would probably not stay here again, and I cannot pinpoint the reason why. Probably just a personal thing.

However I would recommend staying here for the location and the amazing hot pool on site.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It is from valuable guest feedback that we can improve upon our product and the services we provide.

I'm sorry to read that you were disrupted by guests above or beside you. For future travelers, please let us know, and we will do what we can to ensure your stay is quiet and enjoyable.

I'm also sorry to read you had issues with service in our on-site restaurant. Again, please make us aware at the time, and we will work hard to rectify any issues. When given the opportunity, we can usually make up for any short-comings. We are here to serve you, our valued guests!

Thank you for recommending us, I do hope you decide to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Hebrew first
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed in a one bedroomed suite at the Fox for 9 nights over New Year. The front desk staff were brilliant - they organised flowers to be delivered to the room on my birthday, gave us free passes and timetables for the Roam bus (which is included in the overall price), recommended a restaurant for New Years Eve (which was a very good recommendation), and allowed us a late check out on our departure. Chillis, the hotel restaurant, was a reliable dinner option and we ate there for 3 of the nights (largely due to tiredness after skiing but it was perfectly pleasant and reasonably priced). The room was cleaned every day and the kitchen snug was just what we needed - a fridge, microwave and coffee making facilities. The breakfast was included and offered a range of fruit, pastries and waffles that you made yourself, which for children was just the best. The icing on the cake was the thermal pool which is an integral part of the hotel and which was open every day until late (10 or 11pm I think). I don't know what more we could have asked for. Our suite had two large beds and two large TVs so we had plenty of space. It might have been nice to have a TV guide and more international or film stations but that is a really minor quibble. Overall it was great and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Not sure - we were on the outer which was quiet and no passing people. The courtroom rooms are perha...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Just checked out of the Fox. Great hotel, short 10 min stroll into downtown, but Fox also gives their guests free shuttle passes if you prefer to stay out of the cold. Concierge staff really helpful and great service, nothing was too much and they were all so happy to help. Stayed in a one bedroom king, good size and facilities- microwave and fridge. Bathroom was small but otherwise good- not luxury but nice. And the hot tub.... Cave inspired and open air at one end- pretty awesome especially after a day on the slopes- very relaxing. Would recommend and stay again myself

• Stayed January 2014
Yorkeys Knob, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed here over New Years. We booked online from Australia about 6 months ago and found the process very easy. The rooms matched up with what we expected from what we had seen online. There were 6 of us and we had a one bedroom apartment with an adjoining suite and there was ample room. The breakfast which was included was very good (fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, berries, cereals, toast, pastries and delicious waffles which the kids loved making) and the breakfast staff were all very polite and super helpful - coffees & hot chocolates for the kids within 2 minutes of sitting down. The checkin process was very fast and staff very friendly. The underground hot pool is sensational after the cold days on the slopes. We were a little concerned it may have been noisy due to street location, bar, restaurant etc.,but it definitely wasn't - we didn't have any problems with sleeping. During our 4 night stay we had drinks in the bar each night prior to dinner and it was a great atmosphere, and the kids were welcomed by the staff. We ate at Chillis one night - it was fully booked and we didn't have a booking but the staff phoned us in our room 20 minutes later when a table became available. The walk in to town is not very far at all - even in -20 degree temperatures.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Crossfield, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have stayed at the Fox for 5 or 6 years now in December, we love the atmosphere and the decor of the hotel. Our absolute favorite part of the hotel is the hot tub, it is a beautiful replica of the cave and basin. Our only disappointment this year was it appeared that they were maybe understaffed as the little things like the flowers in the bathrooms at the hot tub were dead, if they couldn't change them out then they should just get rid of them. The rooms were clean and wonderful.

Room Tip: We find the suites are better, your room tends to be further back from the halls, they are darker an...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your loyalty! We absolutely love repeat guests, and truly appreciate your business. I am very sorry that there were dead flowers in the bathrooms. This is not up to the standard we have set, and I appreciate you bringing this forward. This will be discussed with the team, and we will work to take measures to ensure the flowers are promptly removed if looking wilted.

I'm very pleased to read the rest of your stay was an enjoyable one. I hope we can welcome you back again for visit 6 or 7!!
Milton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our suite was so comfy with a view of Cascade Mountain! They had pillow tops on the mattresses and it was so comfortable. Included a little kitchenette, fireplace, living area and balcony. We definitely want to return, maybe in the winter next time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kincardine, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I am planning a surprise party for my Sis so I can't say too much!! I am sure I will have so much more to say in a few weeks! I have been working with the staff and management to plan this surprise, and I have to say this has been the BEST service I have ever received!! My husband and I also stayed here in June and I can NOT say enough good things! Seriously The FOX is the best experience you will ever have in BANFF! I would give them more then a five stars but that's as high as it goes! All staff at The Fox should be VERY proud!!! WHAT an amazing hotel, filled with such wonderful people who actually care! That is hard to find these days!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fox Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!