“We loved it !” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Fox Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Expedia.com Hotels.com
Fox Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   461 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 33 hotels in Banff
Broad Cove, Canada
“We loved it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

VERY friendly , great ambiance , lush food and the room was very cozy.
A little shocked to see the last few comments!!
Travel a lot and would definitely recommend .
Breakfast buffet did the trick and came back to chilis twice , it was so good
Free shuttle from hotel was very welcome as it was -36 today

Stayed December 2013

1,329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Greenville, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just completed a three night stay (we booked for 4 nights, but left early). Overall we were ok with the stay and the way management resolved an issue. The hotel looks like it draws a fairly young crowd...similar to a spring break crowd. Because of the center courtyard and the hot pool all the noise from the courtyard gets funneled to most rooms within view of the courtyard. Thursday night was quite, Friday night a little louder but acceptable, and then Saturday was truly unacceptable. Because of the noise and a fight that broke out the cops were called to the hotel in the early morning hours. Even with the cops being called the noise still went on and finally I stood out on the balcony at 3am and told the people to go to their room. I phoned the front desk manager that night 3 times and he answered only once. I did talk to the hotel manager the next morning and after some excuses on his part he finally did the right thing and credited us for 1 night and we moved on to a different hotel.

If the hotel is going to draw this type of crowd they need to be prepared to hire security to be onsite after hours. The front desk manager can't handle the situation and this type of crowd does not listen to verbal commands.

We will return to Banff in the future, but will not being staying at the Fox. Great concept with the hot tub and courtyard, but they need to get a handle on the crowd they are drawing.

I will also say that we are fairly tolerant people...noise, laughter, yelling before midnight is one...fighting, yelling the F word, doors slamming..after midnight is another.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. I thought we had resolved this here at the hotel, and I was surprised and disappointed to read your review. As explained, we did have a rowdy bunch in which we needed to call for security and police. This was very unfortunate and not the norm here. As far as drawing a 'spring break crowd', we actually tend to have more families stay here at the Fox, and we do enforce our quiet hour of 11pm. We do have an outside on-call security company that completes rounds of the property as well. Once again we are sorry for the disturbance these guests caused.
Walsrode, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in September and very disappointed. The rooms were very small and cramped and had very little space to place luggage or to hang clothes. My husband and I are keen line dancers and we inquired at the front desk as to where we might find live music and line dancing and was met with the comment, "Oh I don't go out much", surely the front desk staff should have a handle on what is going on around their town so they can pass information onto guests. Breakfast was allegedly included in the price however when we went to breakfast we had to fend for ourselves, the waiting staff did not tell us where to go for the buffet and we were not so much as greeted with a good morning. This hotel is evidently all about the footfall and not about the guests and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
It is with disappointment that I read your review. I'm very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us, and would not return. For those looking for added space, I can recommend our suites. As far as our Front Desk team not offering information, and our Restaurant staff not greeting you, I apologize. This is certainly not up to the standards we strive for, and I appreciate your feedback. I will be reviewing our standards of guest service with our team. You certainly should have been given information and a warm greeting. I apologize on behalf of our team.
Lehigh Valley, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The good: Ideal location within an easy walk of downtown. Sue, the front desk manager who greeted me at check-in, was top-notch and a very pleasant conversationalist, helping me determine how to make the most of my limited time in Banff.

The not-so-good: Painfully average room and amenities. I visited midweek and was honestly surprised that the room I was assigned was, well, budget hotel quality, and tiny. The vaunted "hot springs" replica is really just a giant stylized hot tub in a dark, cave-like room on the ground floor. The two other desk staff members I met with weren't friendly and appeared preoccupied...with what I can't imagine, given the low occupancy at the time.

I'd stay elsewhere next time I'm in Banff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. I am pleased to see you appreciated Su, and were helped in making the most of your time in Banff.

I am sorry to read that you were not as impressed with service from others on our team. We aim to provide great guest service for all. I am sorry we missed the mark here.

Was there something specific that made you feel as though the your room was 'budget quality'? This is a very rare comment, as we generally receive very positive reviews on our rooms, as well as our unique Cave & Basin inspired hot pool. Our amenities are sourced locally, and are usually favored by our guests. I do appreciate feedback, and if it was something specific that we could improve upon, I would love to hear from you. I will send you a personal message to discuss. Thank you once again for sharing your comments.
Innisfail, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Recently visited the Fox for an overnight stay and must say the service was top notch. Rooms very nice and clean. The spa area is a very unique concept having the appearance of a cave and basin, which makes it feel very different. Very enjoyable stay, would recomme

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Canmore, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We've stayed here a number of times and it is one of our favourite properties to stay in Banff. Rooms are spacious suites, warm and well appointed decor, nice hardwood flooring, clean, quiet, comfortable beds and nice flat-screen TVs. Breakfast is complimentary in the mornings, and their hot tub is the BEST with the Cave & Basin-inspired theme. That's my favourite part. We tend not to dine at Chili's, but The Fox is close enough walking distance to other restaurants nearby and downtown. A particularly nice bonus on their part is they provide complimentary cards for use of the ROAM bus in town during your stay. I really appreciated that added gesture. Loved it, will stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hoorn, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

It was our first stay at the Fox Hotel. The room was very comfortable. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. One room with a kingsize bed and the other with a queensize bed, so we had a lot of space for the three of us.
Everywhere in the hotel it is very clean. The lobby is cozy with a great fireplace. In the cave of the hotel is a very nice hotpool which can only be accessed by guests of the hotel. The car could be parked in the underground parking, so the snow didn't bother us.
All of the staff is very kind and always willing to be of your service.
Breakfast is included in this hotel, which is exceptional in Banff.
For diner you can go to Chili's. A restaurant with nice food and not too expensive.
The Fox is absolutely recommended for a great stay in Banff!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor community! I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated both the warm fireplace in the lobby, and our unique grotto hot pool. I hope you will visit again! One stay is never enough!

Been to Fox Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!