“Great stay, great pool!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fox Hotel & Suites

You added Fox Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Fox Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   461 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great stay, great pool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here with my family for 3 nights and we loved it. We had 3 rooms between 7 of us and found it great. Not sure about other rooms but all of ours had two levels which was a bit weird at first but in the end became quite useful for wanting to escape to another area without leaving the room. There were two tvs as well which was useful for if we wanted to watch different things. They have a Chillis restaurant there which was great also and we dined there twice because it was so convenient and tasty! The hotel isn't too far from the main town and is just far enough away to escape the hustle and bustle. Banff itself is beautiful and my uncle saw a herd of Elk in the river right inside town! I never had the complimentary breakfast but my whole family said it was lovely. The pool was awesome, SO hot and really cool.

All in all a great stay in one of the most beautiful places on earth!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Hebrew first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

It is a nice and cosy B&B, prefect for a quick night stay. The rooms are clear and nothing fancy, however the hot spring/ cave pool is interesting.

They provide kitchen ware so if u decided to stay in for a night that doable too.

Clear rooms in general.

• Stayed August 2013
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed in a basic one bed room. It was on the smaller size for a hotel room but certainly adequate and VERY comfortable !!! We loved the location...just a short walk away from downtown but far enough away from all the craziness. A Safeway grocery store is near by. Price-wise it's pretty standard for the area; one of the newer hotels in town. The underground parking was convenient. The breakfast vouchers were cost effective when compared to individual meal costs for the town.The breakfast was adequate and filling. Another waffle maker might be helpful though as the line for that was frequently long. All of the staff from the front desk to the breakfast was friendly, helpful and polite. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Helen, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We booked a 2 level suite for 4 days. Asked for quiet Asked for a quiet area which it was. Two levels a little inconvient but extra space was nice. Breakfast was good with yogurt, fresh fruit and the usual. However, it never changed so a little tiring after a few days. All staff was very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013
Woodway, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I started off our Canadian Rocky vacation here in a King loft Suite. The hotel is nice and it's location is convenient for exploring Banff and its many restaurants and shops. The room was comfortable and well equipped.

Room Tip: Note that the King Loft Suites don't provide sound separation between the living and sleep areas...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed here one night in a one bedroom suite/loft room. It was, by my standards, very expensive for what you got...but as I said in another review...seemed like most things were more expensive in Canada!! The room was nice, nothing spectluar...bathroom was super small, bed super comfy, kitchen area really small. View...well there wasn't much of one...but the deck area was nice enough. The hot tub/rock pool area was a big hit with the family. The free breakfast at Chili's was not very good (and I not hard to please at breakfast), parking was a nightmare...very tight and small spaces and the entrance and exit are the same way along with a curvy blind spot....so, you just hold your breath that you aren't going to meet anyone coming in when you are exiting!! Room had a funny smell to it which I told them about when I checked out...didn't seem to care too much. Outside rooms which I am sure is fun in the winter time. I will say, somehow they knew it was my b-day and did offer me a bottle of wine...that was thoughtful! The couple behind us caught on to this and told them it was their anniversary and got a 2BR upgrade...would had rather of had that!! Overall, for the price (over $350) would not stay here again..has to be more resonable and nicer places to stay!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm disappointed to read that you were not delighted with your stay. Our prices are very competitive, and when all is factored it, I am certain you will find great value in the Fox Hotel & Suites. We are Banff's newest hotel, we offer free breakfast, parking and wi/fi, some other hotels charge for these. We also offer Free ROAM bus passes. We will always try to make special occasions a bit more special with wine, or upgrades when available.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Air conditioning? Hardly. We were extremely uncomfortable for our 4 night stay at the Fox. While it was difficult to get to sleep, it was also hard to stay asleep.

Housekeeping? I suppose at this hotel all that means is making the bed. I can't even be sure that they changed the sheets. Food left after housekeeping tended to our rooms (take out/room service containers too large for small garbage bins, so they were stacked on the table.)

Service? I made a few inquiries to the front desk only to be made to feel like a pest for the 30 seconds of attention required to answer my questions. Very unwelcoming, made me feel uneasy about inquiring further about anything else, or using the hotel services. I went elsewhere for spa services for this reason, after speaking to a number of the employees on D/S and N/S.

What I will say good about the hotel is the location, as others have mentioned it is close enough to walk into downtown yet far enough to be quiet at night. The mountain views from the balcony are lovely and the free parking (when there is space available) is nice (but we were left to park on the road on various occasions throughout our 4 night stay.) the young lady who checked us in was quite friendly and warm, it's too bad the rest of the workers weren't the same.

This was our first trip to Banff, although everything else was lovely and I would highly recommend it, I wouldn't do so for this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I appreciate the opportunity to respond. I am sorry to read you did not sleep well.

Our Housekeeping policy is to clean the room taking out garbage, make the bed, vacuum and bathroom cleaning daily. We change the sheets ever 3rd day, or on the day of check out. When guests have take-out containers of food, we do not toss them. We've made that mistake in the past! Some guests want to eat those left overs later. A quick call to our 24/7 Front Desk, and we certainly could have removed these for you. We also have a pen and paper in each guest room, and sometimes our guests leave us notes as to if they would like take-out containers removed.

I'm sorry to hear you wont' recommend us. We strive to impress each and every guest, and it is disappointing to read that we did not succeed with you. Service is of upmost importance. Never hesitate to ask for what would make you more comfortable, and discuss with management if you feel you are not getting the service you expect.

When given the opportunity, we will do our best to make things right!

Been to Fox Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!