“Fox has nice suites for longer stays.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fox Hotel & Suites

You added Fox Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Fox Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   461 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Helen, Georgia
“Fox has nice suites for longer stays.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked a 2 level suite for 4 days. Asked for quiet Asked for a quiet area which it was. Two levels a little inconvient but extra space was nice. Breakfast was good with yogurt, fresh fruit and the usual. However, it never changed so a little tiring after a few days. All staff was very helpful.

Woodway, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I started off our Canadian Rocky vacation here in a King loft Suite. The hotel is nice and it's location is convenient for exploring Banff and its many restaurants and shops. The room was comfortable and well equipped.

Room Tip: Note that the King Loft Suites don't provide sound separation between the living and sleep areas...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed here one night in a one bedroom suite/loft room. It was, by my standards, very expensive for what you got...but as I said in another review...seemed like most things were more expensive in Canada!! The room was nice, nothing spectluar...bathroom was super small, bed super comfy, kitchen area really small. View...well there wasn't much of one...but the deck area was nice enough. The hot tub/rock pool area was a big hit with the family. The free breakfast at Chili's was not very good (and I not hard to please at breakfast), parking was a nightmare...very tight and small spaces and the entrance and exit are the same way along with a curvy blind spot....so, you just hold your breath that you aren't going to meet anyone coming in when you are exiting!! Room had a funny smell to it which I told them about when I checked out...didn't seem to care too much. Outside rooms which I am sure is fun in the winter time. I will say, somehow they knew it was my b-day and did offer me a bottle of wine...that was thoughtful! The couple behind us caught on to this and told them it was their anniversary and got a 2BR upgrade...would had rather of had that!! Overall, for the price (over $350) would not stay here again..has to be more resonable and nicer places to stay!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank love2go-va
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm disappointed to read that you were not delighted with your stay. Our prices are very competitive, and when all is factored it, I am certain you will find great value in the Fox Hotel & Suites. We are Banff's newest hotel, we offer free breakfast, parking and wi/fi, some other hotels charge for these. We also offer Free ROAM bus passes. We will always try to make special occasions a bit more special with wine, or upgrades when available.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Air conditioning? Hardly. We were extremely uncomfortable for our 4 night stay at the Fox. While it was difficult to get to sleep, it was also hard to stay asleep.

Housekeeping? I suppose at this hotel all that means is making the bed. I can't even be sure that they changed the sheets. Food left after housekeeping tended to our rooms (take out/room service containers too large for small garbage bins, so they were stacked on the table.)

Service? I made a few inquiries to the front desk only to be made to feel like a pest for the 30 seconds of attention required to answer my questions. Very unwelcoming, made me feel uneasy about inquiring further about anything else, or using the hotel services. I went elsewhere for spa services for this reason, after speaking to a number of the employees on D/S and N/S.

What I will say good about the hotel is the location, as others have mentioned it is close enough to walk into downtown yet far enough to be quiet at night. The mountain views from the balcony are lovely and the free parking (when there is space available) is nice (but we were left to park on the road on various occasions throughout our 4 night stay.) the young lady who checked us in was quite friendly and warm, it's too bad the rest of the workers weren't the same.

This was our first trip to Banff, although everything else was lovely and I would highly recommend it, I wouldn't do so for this hotel.

2 Thank b-xo
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I appreciate the opportunity to respond. I am sorry to read you did not sleep well.

Our Housekeeping policy is to clean the room taking out garbage, make the bed, vacuum and bathroom cleaning daily. We change the sheets ever 3rd day, or on the day of check out. When guests have take-out containers of food, we do not toss them. We've made that mistake in the past! Some guests want to eat those left overs later. A quick call to our 24/7 Front Desk, and we certainly could have removed these for you. We also have a pen and paper in each guest room, and sometimes our guests leave us notes as to if they would like take-out containers removed.

I'm sorry to hear you wont' recommend us. We strive to impress each and every guest, and it is disappointing to read that we did not succeed with you. Service is of upmost importance. Never hesitate to ask for what would make you more comfortable, and discuss with management if you feel you are not getting the service you expect.

When given the opportunity, we will do our best to make things right!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night while in Banff. The first thing that we noticed was the wooden mountain rustic decor. There was only one person at the check-in desk, who I must say was very pleasant and accommodating despite working solo (and for long hours, we later realized). He accommodated our request for a quieter room. We stayed in room 422, which was towards the side of the property. No issues with noise (as others on Trip Advisor & Expedia noted in rooms facing the main road).
The hotel is interesting in that the rooms are situated around a central courtyard, which is exposed to the elements. The room we stayed in had partially obstructed views of the mountains to the rear of the property. The layout of the room is great, with a living room and kitchenette, complete with small fridge and mini coffee maker. There was even a gas fireplace, which would be lovely in cooler months. The suite had a safe, 2 televisions, a clean & comfortable bed, and a small but nicely appointed bathroom. I really enjoyed their toiletries, particularly the lavender hand & body soap!
The hotel is situated a short 10 minute walk from the downtown area. the hotel provides complimentary passes for the bus for those interested, which takes you to the gondola and other sites. We didn't make use of the pool, so I can't comment on it, but we did pass by the pool which has a unique grotto layout. There are laundry facilities, and a small business centre. It was convenient to be able to park our car in the underground garage for the duration of our stay.
Breakfast was continental style with vouchers provided upon checkin for redemption at the Chilis restaurant on site. There were waffles, hard boiled eggs, toast, fruit, cereal options, and yogurt. We would have liked if there were more hot food choices.
Overall we were very happy with our experience at the Fox hotel, & would probably stay there again if ever we have the chance to return to Banff.

Cochrane, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms were very nice with a separate bedroom and a small kitchenette with all of the utensil and plates for any meals. There is lots of room to move around in the sitting for family's or friends. The hot tub was wonderful after a very long bike ride, that looked like a deep cave, which was very clean and the lockers had clean towels.

The staff were very helpful and very knowledgable and very friendly. It was great to have breakfast included. The views from the room were great, the train is a little loud at night. It was a great hotel would come back again.

Room Tip: Very close to downtown and is walkable distance from hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patrizia T
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Large suite, great for families. It's a bit dated in terms of furnishings and such, but it was clean and the staff friendly. The hot tub "cave" is a fun little touch. It's (unfortunately) attached to a Chili's, and our street-facing room got a lot of noise at night with people talking very loudly, car doors slamming, etc. Overall it was an enjoyable stay for our family.

• Stayed August 2013