“A jewel in the national park” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fox Hotel & Suites

You added Fox Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Fox Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   461 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Alvarado, Texas
“A jewel in the national park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The facility was unique, including the décor in the rooms, and the large, natural hot springs hot tub was very unusual and fun. I loved staying here, but I definitely would not recommend it if the weather is warm as the regular rooms do not have air conditioning. They do, however, have a fan in the room that was adequate when we were there. The rooms are small, but the storage shelves were great and quite adequate. The bed (queen) was very comfortable. The facility is very well located...it is off of busy downtown, but within walking distance of other restaurants and "action." It is pricey, but that is to be expected in Banff. The restaurant within the facility is Chili"s, but the breakfast could have been better for the price of the room. The personnel at the desk were very friendly and helpful. The lobby and the facility had an upscale atmosphere to it. I would love to return.

Room Tip: I recommend a room that overlooks the interior courtyard. All rooms open to the outside walkway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed our unique property. I am also pleased to read that the location suited you, and you appreciated not being in the busy area of downtown. I do hope you return to the Fox Hotel & Suites. We would love to welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Hebrew first
Port Huron, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I see the Fox Hotel gets good reviews . . . and I guess that's OK. But I am pretty sure none of those reviewers stayed in Room 110. Pleasant young lady at reception desk described our view as overlooking the garden area. Not so -- the view is of a brick wall four feet away. The room is a basement dungeon, actually below ground level. No natural light. That brick wall I told you about? That's where hotel workers gather in the morning for loud discussions. We also had dozens of mosquitoes, though that probably isn't anyone's fault. Overall -- not a good experience. At least not in Room 110. PS -- When we expressed our concerns at check-out, a rude manager informed us that we didn't know what we were talking about.

• Stayed July 2013
beautifulbanff, Front Office Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments.

I appreciate the opportunity to respond, and provide our readers with both sides of this situation. I would like to clarify that room F110 is exactly the room category you booked, nothing more, nothing less. It does not have a view, but it is also not 'below ground level'. This was a last-minute booking and although the hotel was sold-out, we still offered you the opportunity to move to a different room, which you declined.

I very politely explained at check-out that if views are an important factor, we do offer balcony view suites, and those are different category, available through reservations. As I mentioned, the property was in sold-out status, so I need to re-iterate that other categories may not have been available at time of booking. This situation also had our hands tied when we looked at options for you to move to. Sometimes things are beyond our control, but we still are confident we honored your reservation to the best of our ability.

I am glad you accepted the fact that we have no control over mosquitoes. As I also explained to you at check-out, we are unfortunately experiencing a large number of them due to the severe flooding we had in our province in the past month.

Guest service and customer satisfaction is of upmost importance to us. We strongly believe that we honored your reservation to the best of our ability and are very sorry you did not see it this way.
pennsylvania, usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I'll reiterate what others have said. The basic queen bed room here is cute, but very small and has no AC. It's been mostly unseaonably warm here, so the room has been a tad warm. Biggest problem, as others have said, is the noise. Each night we've been here we've been woken by loud people coming in late (as late as 3am on one night). Room service and housekeeping has been poor. We asked for a blanket (down comforter too warm, ESP with no ac) and it took over an hour and a second phone call to get it. Also, there is no privacy. Door and window looks right out on corridor and closing the shade means no air. So, for a hotel costing over $200 a night, I'd like better. On the positive ... This is a good location, the breakfast is good (though better, it seems, on weekends), it is clean, and they do have a cool hot tub. Still, after seeing other hotels here in pricey Banff, I do wonder how this got such a high rating.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate the opportunity to respond. It has been very warm this summer, and lack of AC in our standard rooms has come up. We do offer a fan in each room, and suggest to our guests to keep the blinds and windows closed during the day and open at night. It cools down significantly in the evenings, and this seems to help a lot. As for other guests being noisy when they return, we do ask that all are respectful, and do call security if the situation warrants it. I'm sorry you were disturbed by this.
Sussex, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a great stay at the Fox Hotel & Suites! Not only were we pleased with the accomodations, we were also impressed with the helpfulness of the staff. We were able to book our Evening Safari at the front desk as well as our Gondola ride. The hot tub/pool was also very interesting (in a positive way) and a great respite after a day of exploring the park. We would definitely stay at the Fox again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a great stay at the Fox in Banff. Friendly, helpful staff all the time, very nice facilities and pool/steam room area. Would definitely be back for another stay in the future and would recommend as a good stay for others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited Canada and had the pleasure of staying at The Fox Hotel and Suites.
Having mentioned when booking that we were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary, we were pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of wine and lovely card waiting for us in our room upon arrival. A very sweet touch.
We found our suite to be very clean, spacious and comfortable. The Hotel is approximately 10 minutes walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. Although there are other hotels closer to the action we found it a pleasant way of walking off an indulgent dinner at the Maple Leaf Restaurant (we certainly recommend this restaurant for great food and service, Thanks Devon!)
A Breakfast Buffet was included in the cost of our room.
We would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I absolutely adore every aspect of Venturing out to the mountains. Particularly, our favourite part of our trips to Banff is staying at the Fox hotel.
We are no strangers to this property- we try and make a point to stay here about 4 times a year.
Every visit is incredible. We are greeted with warm welcoming and the stay is nothing less than amazing.
The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. All of our requests are always met and the management team goes above and beyond at every opportunity. This is what brings us back.

Most recently, I was 'Wowed' by the speed of response and the ability for us to book a room on such short notice via email.
I sent an email to the office manager the night before we were planning to visit. He responded almost instantly and as always, was able to accommodate my requests for a certain room I love. I was beyond ecstatic, since it was a last minute decision for our visit!

Besides the outstanding service, the cleanliness is impeccable. The grotto is always a pleasure to relax in, and it is quite central to the main events and outing area in Banff.

I would 100% recommend the Fox hotel to anyone travelling to Banff. All of my friends and family stay at the Fox also.
Best hotel in Banff. Period.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Fox Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!