“Super Clean Room and Yummy Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fox Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added Fox Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Fox Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   461 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Yellowknife, Canada
“Super Clean Room and Yummy Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family stayed in this hotel for one night. We had a 2 bedroom Suite which is perfect for 6 people. 1 room has double bed, and the other has a king size bed with a full size bathroom. There's also a separate bathroom right beside the room with 2 beds. we also had a pull out couch that is also good for 2 people. The beddings are perfectly clean and made up. Amenities are complete. Kitchen is well equipped. Wifi is strong. Breakfast is great! they have cereals, boiled eggs, pancakes, variations of bread, juices and more. We will definitely stay again in this hotel on our next visit to Banff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments! It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fox again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Hebrew first
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was our first stay at the Fox Inn. The rooms surround a beautiful centre courtyard. It is very loud. There were people coming and going all hours. They were whooping and laughing. Expect to be awake between the hours of midnight to about 2am. We called the front desk the second night and it quieted down for a bit. Then there are the bins, which they start pushing on the brick walkways at about 6am. Expect to be jolted awake by a huge bang, followed by 15 minutes of noisy bins being pushed. I have stayed in many hotels in my life, but have never encountered noise like this before. Would never stay here againg and would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone whos wishses to sleep on their trip. There was not air conditioning so the room got very hot.

Room Tip: Do not pick a room on the central courtyard. Try to pick a room on the back of the hotel. I don...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It is from valuable guest feedback that we can improve. I am very sorry to hear you were disturbed during your sleep. I have contacted the company that made the early morning delivery, and requested a later drop off time. Please contact me directly, as I would like to discuss your situation further. Guest satisfaction is of upmost importance to us, and we value your business. I have sent you my telephone number and email address.

For future travellers: our quiet time begins at 11pm. If at anytime you are disturbed by other guests, please call our friendly 24 hour front desk. We will ensure our quiet time is enforced, for the enjoyment of all guests. All our suites have air conditioning, hotel rooms do not.
St. Helier, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was our second stay at the Fox. We had a loft suite, which was very spacious and comfortable. On this occasion, as we asked for 2 beds, we actually got a 1 bed loft suite plus a double room, with fireplace, and the usual kitchen facilities. Although the hotel doesn't have it's own bus stop for the Ski buses, the nearest stop is right next door. Plus they over a free local bus pass, although the centre of town is only a 7 minute walk. Breakfast was included and was good, although a bit limited on choice. There is a spa too but treatments are at a sister hotel a couple of minutes away.

Room Tip: Loft suites are spacious
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the Fox for three nights. My husband was at a conference at the Banff Springs, but we decided to save some money and stay off site. The Fox provided him with a free bus pass, so he took the bus to and from the conference each day. The hotel is a short walk (10-15 min.) into the main downtown area. We had a rental car and there was always lots of parking available in the underground garage. However, this was a slow time of year and hotel was not full.

We had a basic room with a queen bed and a small couch. The room was a bit small, but clean and comfortable. The entrance to each room opens to a common open courtyard and you have to go outside to get to the pool, lobby, restaurant and parking. This is a bit annoying in the winter and has the potential to be loud when the hotel is busy.

The continental breakfast was included in our room rate and it was adequate. Juice, coffee, pastries, yogurt, dry cereal, waffles, fruit.

The hot pool is really neat. Great place to relax after a day of hiking or skiing.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. We would stay here again.

Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at The Fox and we just love it. We've stayed here a few times now and have no complaints what so ever. The location is great, the staff are wonderful and always so friendly, I love that there is continental b'fast included and you can't forget the hot tub - so cool!
This trip we brought my grandparents along and being 80 years of age the suite was great for us because if they weren't feeling up to it they just relaxed back in our room which was very comfortable! We will continue to book The Fox each time we visit Banff - which is often!

Keep up the great work!

• Stayed May 2013
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I make several trips to Banff every year and have stayed at many different Hotels in the area. The Fox has been the most convenient and comfortable location yet. We have stayed at the FOX a few times now and have had a great stay every time. Good location, friendly staff and the best nights sleep I have had in a long time. We had a suite that included a living space and kitchenette that made the time in our room much more enjoyable.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I eloped to Banff last weekend and with the weather being so unpredictable, we wanted a room that would be pretty enough to be married in if necessary. The weather didn't cooperate so we were married in the room and had pictures taken on the balcony. When we first checked in and told the staff we were getting married the next day, they surprised us with a bottle of wine delivered to our room. The room itself was beautiful, rustic, cozy and very romantic. We had a king loft suite facing the main road which I was happily surprised to see beautiful scenery from all of the windows and the balcony. Everything was spotless and the bed was fantastic, very comfy. The grotto pool was lovely as well though I did wish it was open a little bit later. The complimentary breakfast was also a nice touch.
My only complaint was that the housekeeping staff woke us at 8:30 Sunday morning and returned to knock on the door four more times before ten am. We had arranged a 1:00 check out time so that was a little frustrating as we are busy parents so being able to sleep in is a luxury :) Regardless of the super efficient cleaning staff, we were still very happy with the stay.
My family travels regularly to Banff for weekend getaways, we have stayed in the majority of the hotels there and I have to say the Fox is our new favorite! The front desk staff were kind, down to earth and very helpful. I would suggest the loft suites, for the slightly extra cost the space and gorgeous room are well worth it. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Congratulations once again on your marriage! I hope you will make the trip to Banff for yearly to celebrate your anniversary.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry you were disturbed by our Housekeeping Team while trying to sleep in. For future stays, we do provide a Do-Not-Disturb sign, to alert our housekeeping department that the room is to be servivced later.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Been to Fox Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!