“Amazing place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fox Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added Fox Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Fox Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   461 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 33 hotels in Banff
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Amazing place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is the first time we have stayed at this resort. Dec. 17-19/2012. VERY HAPPY!!!! Staff are very polite and helpful. (Tas front desk manager was incredible) stayed in the loft suite, lots of room, very cozy. The grotto hot tub is absolutely AMAZING!!! We can honestly say that this is one of the cleanest hotels. Perfect location, just down the street from all the shops and restaurants in downtown Banff. Will definitely be coming back and recommending this place to our family and friends.

Room Tip: Stayed on the top floor, very quiet and got a view of the beautiful mountains:)

1,402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We just stayed in this hotel, Dec 14-16, 2012 and it exceeded our expectations in every way. The hotel was excellent, from room cleanliness to amenities, to location, everything was perfect. The grotto style hot tub is incredible. We would recommend this hotel over the Rimrock and Banff Springs (where we usually stay)!! We walked everywhere, the hotel offers wines by the bottle for $17 and you can ask the lobby staff for selection. Was a great stay, room 241 was given to us and we would request the same room again (front facing onto Banff Ave, 2 story, mini kitchen, and 2 flat screens)! Loved it!! The staff are also amazing. No negative things to say, well done!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suites for $30/night. Totally worth the extra $$.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Exceeding our guests expectations is our ultimate goal! It is gratifying to hear we've succeeded with you! I appreciate you recommending us over the other properties. We are pretty proud of the Fox, and the services we provide. Thanks for the kind words about the staff. I hope we will see you (and your friends) here again soon.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 10+ times now and have never had a single complaint. The rooms are very nice and clean at a very good price, with extremely comfortable beds. The hotel is in a good location, and the cave-like hot tub makes this our top choice everytime.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
It is great to see our loyal guests post reviews! Thank you so much for making the Fox Hotel & Suites your choice of accomdations when visiting Banff. We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you back again and again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed there with my Mom for 4 nights at the end of October this year. This trip was a nostalgia trip we used to go to Banff often when I was a teenager and have very fond memories. Check in was quick and easy, the front desk staff were helpful and informative. Our room was very small but nice. Fair warning the walls are Very Very thin and the people in the room behind us were there to party and kept us up our first two nights... Like you an hear every single word they say... But I also understand that not everyone was there for a rest as I was and did not complain, as I did not want to ruin their vacation either. Once they were gone it was defiantly a great sleep the beds are very comfortable. Because of the thin walls I do not believe I would go back during the busy season but that's ok too for the price I would defiantly go back. The absolute highlight of my trip was the hot pool in the hotel it is based on the original Banff hot springs and is very grotto-esk. It really is fantastic and I took full advantage of it and made sure I visited it on a daily basis. We had our first significant snow fall that week so the cool air mixing with the warm water made this steam that was fantastic and wow is all I can really say. The Chili's in the hotel was the worst I have ever been to!! Ever!! But the complements breakfast was a nice touch its not much but fills your belly for the day and its included so take advantage of it!! The other minus I had about the hotel was the daily room cleaning... If you were not out of your room by like 8:30 and gone for the day you had to beg for them to clean it... One day I slept in and they nicked on the door and I said we would be ready to go in about 30 mins she said great we left and came back around 2:30 like 5 hours later and no one had cleaned our room... We has to ask 3 times to have our room cleaned and then had to leave our room again to have it cleaned.... But all in all we had a great trip!! We will try a different hotel next time, but will return to the Fox again... Mostly for the hit pool... Oh and the included bus pass was so great!

• Stayed October 2012
camrose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Good bed. Clean room. Found it quiet and slept like a log. Fun staying in Banff for a change. Usually stay in Canmore. Banff much busier. Would definitely stay at this hote again. Also forgot my phone charger and they sent it in the mail a few days later. Very good service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
It sounds like you've found a new favorite! I look forward to hosting you during your next stay in Banff!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Fox was an excellent place to stay in Banff!! We had a king suite and it was lovely. Great mountain views! Friendly people, Chili's restaurant in hotel very convenient. It's about a ten minute walk from downtown Banff. Their "cave grotto" hot tub is awesome! They have no air conditioning so I doubt I would stay here in warmer weather. Other than that, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your commets! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I just want to point out for future travellers that all our suites have air conditioning, it is only our hotel rooms that do not. If AC is important to you, just book a suite!

I hope we can welcome you back again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

the entry to this hotel is beautiful (very festive at christmas time)... great underground parking... free internet... and a beautiful room... super clean...HOWEVER, the bed was simply horrible (i've never complained about this in a review); my partner hardly slept, and I felt like a truck ran over me in the morning... This hotel had everything in place for a beautiful stay - but lacked a good bed... So if you want to have a good nite's sleep, don't go here...

Room Tip: Maybe by the time you visit, there will be new mattresses... ask and maybe you will fair better...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I appreciate your kind comments about the positive aspects of your stay.

You did inform us at check out about the mattress, and we have since replaced the mattress in that room.

I do hope you will return to us, and enjoy all the comforts you spoke of, including a great nights sleep.

Been to Fox Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!