I stayed at the Hi-Banff Alpine Hotel for 4 days in September 2009. I used this as a base so I could explore this area from Banff to Lake Louise and we even did a day trip to Jasper.
This hostel was always kept very clean, each bunk has an individual light so you won't disturb other sleepers if you are reading or something. The Hostel has a bar but I never had a chance to go, I would like to check it out next time, they have different nights like karoke, etc. I stayed in the newer building which was a lot quieter, the computers, restaurant and lounge area was in the main building. I didnt meet too many people because mainly we left early and didnt come back until late.
In the morning we saw deer grazing down the hill from the hostel. I stayed here also for one day in May 2007, during that stay we saw elk just up the road. This hostel is very nice and has amazing views. You can get a great mountain shot just walking distance from the hostel. I would definitely stay here again but if I did the Jasper trip I would find a hostel I could stay in located near Jasper just for a day because that trip is long but has a lot of great scenery. May is the best time of year... less crowd, more wildlife sightings... saw deer and a wolf this time but no bear :(
Great things to check out... Banff Town, hotsprings, gondola (on a clear day), lake louise (we did the Agnes tea house hike... phewww), cascade pond/ mountain, jackson lake, takkakaw falls, BOW VALLEY PKWY and the Johnston's canyon hike! all great scenic points... Love Banff, Alberta and BC... BEAUTIFUL. :)
- Also Known As:
- Hi-Banff Alpine Centre Hotel Banff
- Hi-Banff Alpine Centre Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking for an place to stay in Banff? Seeking the Canadian Rocky Mountain experience? HI Banff Alpine Centre Hostel, has a more than just dorm beds, this Banff hostel also has many family and couples rooms available to book for your holiday in Banff. Looking to make a reservation? * Cougar Pete's on site restaurant * The Storm Cellar Pub and Gamehouse * Free guest use Wi-fi through out * Two spacious guest kitchens, * Two cozy lounges with fireplaces * Lookout deck with spectacular views of the mountains. * Internet kiosks to send a message to your friends at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, HostelBookers and Travelocity so you can book your HI-Banff Alpine Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.