My husband and I stayed here for one night, but wished we had stayed for more. We are 46 & 47 and have never stayed in a hostel in Canada. We were a little nervous about staying here given that they have a bar, but took the chance and really, really enjoyed our stay. When I booked the room online, I received a personal greeting from Rachel welcoming us and offering her assistance with any questions. We stayed in 5 hotels during our stay in Canada (including the Fairmont) and this was the first personal greeting we received. When we arrived, we found a clean and modern facility with everything you could need for your stay. We chose a family room which consisted of a bed with all linen, towels, shampoos and soaps, a mirror and two reading lamps...what more could you need. The large bathroom was just down the hall with two showers and several stalls. It was, by far, the cleanest bathroom I have ever seen and I can say the same for the kitchen. When the music started downstairs, the kids who tried to come up with alcohol were sent right back down and the staff kept them under control but allowed them to have a good time. We sat and read in the great room and appreciated the free wi-fi. Overall, it was our favorite place to stay and we look forward to returning again in the future. While we seemed to be the oldest and least cool people there, we felt comfortable and enjoyed the laid back atmosphere. Excellent customer service!
- Also Known As:
- Hi-Banff Alpine Centre Hotel Banff
- Hi-Banff Alpine Centre Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking for an place to stay in Banff? Seeking the Canadian Rocky Mountain experience? HI Banff Alpine Centre Hostel, has a more than just dorm beds, this Banff hostel also has many family and couples rooms available to book for your holiday in Banff. Looking to make a reservation? * Cougar Pete's on site restaurant * The Storm Cellar Pub and Gamehouse * Free guest use Wi-fi through out * Two spacious guest kitchens, * Two cozy lounges with fireplaces * Lookout deck with spectacular views of the mountains. * Internet kiosks to send a message to your friends at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelBookers and Travelocity so you can book your HI-Banff Alpine Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.