“Can scratch this off my bucket list” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Trail Riders - Day Rides

Banff Trail Riders - Day Rides
132 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T0L 0C0, Canada (Formerly Holiday on Horseback)
+1 403-762-4551
and up
Horse-Drawn Sleigh Ride in Banff
Ranked #17 of 29 Outdoor Activities in Banff
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover a side of Banff you can only see on horseback. Banff Trail Riders (previously Holiday on Horseback take you to places most travellers never experience. We offer hourly rides, backcountry lodge and tent pack trips, sleigh rides and more. Get an authentic old west adventure, even if you have never been on a horse before. We'll match you with a horse, guide and trip that just right for your level of riding experience.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Can scratch this off my bucket list”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Being from the southeastern U.S., I never thought I'd be able to go on a sleigh ride. Now I've done it, but it was not a highlight of the trip like I thought it would be. That may be my fault for not knowing what to expect. We did a private sleigh ride for four couples in the evening. Our driver was pleasant and knowledgeable. If I had it to do over again, I might check into a different sleigh ride tour I heard about in the Lake Louise area.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Calgary
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My family enjoyed the sleigh ride. Its fun and very traditional of old Christmas times. The ride is about 40 minutes and if you are lucky like we were, you will get to see elk grazing on the meadows and coyotes walking in front in the sleigh. Highly recommended activity and fun.

Visited December 2013
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful trail ride at the end of the season.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had lots of fun and the horses were beautiful. Our guide was knowledgable and clearly enjoyed her job. We had a small group, only 3 people, and it was great!

Visited October 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing, loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went on the 5 hour trail ride which was maybe a bit too long as our bums were very sore at the end of it, however we still absolutely loved it! Our tour guide was very knowledgable and chatty and we got to see some gorgeous views, including Bow River. The price was very reasonable and the horses lovely and well experienced. I would 100% recommend it, one of the best experiences of horse riding.

Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Professional Staff & Well Trained Horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our trail ride - it was just the two of us and our guide who happened to be from Australia. She was very competent and friendly. the trail around Cave and Basin and Bow River was beautiful. There were a couple of challenges going up a steep hill and then back down in the snow - but that all added to the adventure! The horses were calm and well trained. If you're going in the colder months make sure you have warm gloves. Would recommend without hesitation.

Visited April 2013