Owner's were friendly. It was only a few blocks to the main shopping area of Banff. Price was hard to beat. Breakfast was good with bacon, muffin, strawberries and potatoes, but I wish they served a little earlier. Owner recommended Nester's Market which my husband greatly enjoyed. Only reservation was the parking which was quite limited. We had to squeeze in behind the building. I loved their bathroom faucet, and the basement #9 worked out very well. One guest was noisy coming in around midnight but the noise was very short. We missed enjoying a hot tub and pool, but one does not expect that at a B&B. We picked this place because of price, and it is hard to beat their price for the Banff area.
Last time in Banff we got a fantastic deal on the Fairmont "Castle" which is not a fair comparison to make. This place is hard to beat for the price and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an intimate high-country inn situated three blocks east of Banff Avenue on Otter Street in a quiet residential neighbourhood. The building dates from 1918 and has 10 guest rooms and a gorgeous main lounge and dining room. We are the only B and B Inn in Banff to still serve a hot breakfast! We use excellent ingredients, serve locally roasted organic coffee and vary our menu daily. This historic mountain home is warm and spacious. It was used extensively in the '30s by CPR work crews as a boarding house. For the following forty years it was known as Douglas House and served as tourist accommodation. The Inn was fully restored in the late '80s and has had recent renovations to maintain its original character and substantial mountain charm. We have four suites, which suit small families, as well as simple and elegant double rooms. Our dining room and lounge are open to guest use during the day and there is a television in the lounge. We have private off-street parking to accommodate guests with vehicles. However, once you are in Banff many activities and walks are accessible by foot from the B&B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Rocky Mountain B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky Mountain Bed And Breakfast
- Rocky Mountain Hotel Banff