Had booked for 1 night in June but ended up having to stay for 3 due to the floods in Alberta. Robyn and Rob were the most fantastic, thoughtful hosts that you could wish to meet. They went out of their way to ensure that stranded guests were made comfortable, they offered their phones and computer for people to use plus a complimentary lunch!!! The B&B is located close to the centre of Banff has free parking and a welcoming lounge, dining area for guests. Breakfasts are serve yourself to 'continental' or home cooked from 8 - 9.......... Worth getting up for. Rob is a chef and you can choose to have a 3 course meal in the evening, delicious food and a fraction of the local restaurant prices. They also have a license to sell wine and beer so it's a winner all round. We will return to continue our trip to Jasper which we had to postpone due to the roads being closed, if you're in Banff this is a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an intimate high-country inn situated three blocks east of Banff Avenue on Otter Street in a quiet residential neighbourhood. The building dates from 1918 and has 10 guest rooms and a gorgeous main lounge and dining room. We are the only B and B Inn in Banff to still serve a hot breakfast! We use excellent ingredients, serve locally roasted organic coffee and vary our menu daily. This historic mountain home is warm and spacious. It was used extensively in the '30s by CPR work crews as a boarding house. For the following forty years it was known as Douglas House and served as tourist accommodation. The Inn was fully restored in the late '80s and has had recent renovations to maintain its original character and substantial mountain charm. We have four suites, which suit small families, as well as simple and elegant double rooms. Our dining room and lounge are open to guest use during the day and there is a television in the lounge. We have private off-street parking to accommodate guests with vehicles. However, once you are in Banff many activities and walks are accessible by foot from the B&B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Rocky Mountain B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky Mountain Bed And Breakfast
- Rocky Mountain Hotel Banff