“Could Not Ask for More...Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of At Wit's End Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banff
At Wit's End Bed and Breakfast
116 Mountain Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A2, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 34 Banff B&B and Inns
Noblesville, Indiana
“Could Not Ask for More...Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a great time we had during our recent stay At Wits End! April and Peter were fantastic hosts. We have to echo many of the other reviews. Everything was clean, cozy, quiet, and made to feel like home. We stayed in the queen room and had a private bath. We always had clean towels and plenty of fresh mountain air. April always went out of her way to make our breakfast delicious and to our liking. She always had plenty of snacks and extras for us too. The fridge was well stocked! We found the private entrance and guest common area to be very delightful. April was always very helpful with ideas and activities for the day. Guide books for hiking and sightseeing, towels for the hot springs, and bug spray for our time in the woods...April always took care of us. We were always fed well, and breakfast was usually hearty enough that we never had to eat lunch (money $ saved). What a great decision we made to stay with April & Peter. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at Wit's End in the Queen Room. Great location, nice room, and a very satisfying breakfast. April has long worked in the hospitality industry and it shows. She thinks of all the small touches, and will basically make anything you want for breakfast. In a place like Banff with generally high prices for accommodation At Wit's End represents great value!

Room Tip: Queen room was great with private bath including 2 sinks.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I spent one night here on a cross-country road trip, and I would definitely stay here again. I really appreciated all of the little touches (e.g., a small snack of fresh fruit when I arrived, fresh flowers when I sat down for breakfast), and I enjoyed lounging in the living room and writing long email messages to friends in the evening. April's suggestions for things to do on my way to Lake Louise given my interests and time were perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at this lovely B&B for 3 nights and if other stays are half as good, we would be very pleased.
We had a room with private bathroom and queen bed. The room was very clean and big enough. If you need a place to read or sit, there is a common living room. Because there are only 3 rooms for hire, this is never crowded or anything.
Rooms don't get cleaned or made up when you stay there, only if you ask for it. This for the privacy. You can take fresh towels when you need it.

The best thing about this B&B is the privacy and the personal care at the same time.
Because the house and rental rooms have different entrances, you dont get "bothered" to much with the hosts.
You can deside your own personal breakfast and serving time and the breakfasts are great!
We desided to raft early in the morning so we got a take away breakfast.

When we found out the pickup place was to far to walk, the hostes took us there personally.

If you stay in Banff, this is the best option.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My fiance and I had a fantastic time staying here earlier this month. The location is excellent - right by the river, 3min walk across the bridge to "downtown", 10min walk to the Banff Spring Hotel. We felt waited on and well taken care of.

Outstanding hosts. There were so many nice touches to the complimentary breakfasts and small thoughtful snacks, I don't know where to begin. I was expecting a hot breakfast, I wasn't expecting plating with visual touches. Bathroom was nice, very clean as was our bed and really everything in the house.

April is generous with her portions, which was extremely useful with the multi-hour hiking and sightseeing. We were thankful we didn't have to worry about getting hungry on top of a mountain.

If I got up past the time I told April I would be up for breakfast, I found a warm breakfast in the toaster over waiting for me. This is one of many thoughtful touches.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Room, which was two twins pushed together. I was concerned it would not be co...
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

At wits end was a fabulous spot to stay in Banff. April was a great hostess - nothing was too much trouble. The location was super as it was within walking distance of town. The facilities were second to none. The breakfasts were superb - kept us full until dinner time! The snacks in the evening were greatly appreciated. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at wits end on 28th/29th December. The room was great, bed comfy, bathroom clean, I fact the whole place was clean. The breakfast was fantastic, April is a great cook and host, really friendly and full of information. You can leave your car and walk into Banff, a ten minute walk if that. Overall a great place to stay and the price is good too!,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to At Wit's End Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!