And these are the reasons why:
1. The welcome - both April and Peter welcomed us to their home and spent time talking to us. Felt totally comfortable
2. The thoughtfulness - a bottle water and chocolates for each of us in our room (LOVED IT - i always get thirsty at night!)
3. The care - we came back to a little afternoon snack each day, left on the table in case we were peckish. Not only that, we were invited to help ourselves to the juice, water, bread, cereal and home made granol bars too.
4. The BREAKFASTS!! - Outstanding. Fresh fruit, granola, yogurt, and an egg dish. Different both days, but both days just unbelievably good.
5. The flexibility - breakfast when we wanted it, not at set times like a lot of B&Bs. Plus how we wanted it. My veggie needs were catered for.
6. The information - leaflets, maps, their own knowledge - Pete and April have a heap of info between them. Plus internet access and access to a phone for local calls
7. The location - only a 5 min walk from downtown.
8. The dogs - not strictly part of teh experience but we got to meet them. Very cute
9. The cleanliness - everything spic and span, but no intrusion into the bedroom unless you ask April to tidy.
10. The lovely communal area - fire, books, comfy sofa. What more can you need.
There - 10 reasons why this place is better than a 5!