“Great food - huge portions” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #81 of 128 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Family Fare, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bumper’s has been serving quality Alberta AAA beef to Banff visitors since 1975. Bumper’s The Beef House has become the Rundlestone Lodge’s in-house restaurant as of mid-February 2013.The addition of Bumper’s Breakfast menu will allow guests to have the option to dine at the lodge in the morning as well as the evening. Evening service will continue to provide the same great salad bar and of course Bumper’s signature Prime Rib!
Kootenay National Park, Canada
“Great food - huge portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Fresh, tasty and filling. They certainly know their beef here. My order of ribs was the small one and covered my entire plate! The meet just fell off the bones. Yummy.

Canmore, Canada
“Waiter never bothered to come back.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to stop in for dinner. It took 10 minutes for anyone to bother asking us for drinks, which to their credit were delivered promptly. But that was the last time we saw our waiter. After waiting for the staff for 30 minutes we left (I enjoyed the old iteration of the place so i gave them the benefit of the doubt). I couldnt wait all night so we payed and left. I will not be recommending Bumpers to the guests at my hotels.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
14michaelr, Manager at Bumpers The Beef House, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention the poor service you received while visiting Bumpers in early March. Whether it is busy or not we pride ourselves on our service and the food we serve. I sincerely apologize for your bad experience.

Regards,

Food & Beverage manager
Bumpers Beef House
Evesham, United Kingdom
“Good food, needs some atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

On our fourth trip to Banff we decided to give Bumpers at the Rundlestone lodge a go. We were staying at the Caribou so it was only a short walk away.
The restaurant was very quiet and we didn't need the reservation we had made. We sat in one of the booths which was great for a family meal. It has a nice modern feel and the servers were very attentive.
The salad bar looked a little sad but actually was very enjoyable as a starter to the main event. Not very easy for kids as the sneeze screen means things are at quite an arms stretch away! We managed it and the kids loved it.
The New York Strip was very well cooked and the ribs were not a disappointment. All in all a carnivores dream. We didn't make it to the original bumpers so can't make any comparisons but I would say this was an enjoyable tasty meal.
The atmosphere is limited as it was very quiet with the exception of rather irritating elevator music in the background! The only thing it was missing really was people. With more customers the atmosphere would be better and given how enjoyable our food was I hope the restaurant develops with time. For an intimate evening it would be lovely at the moment and I would certainly return next time we are in Banff.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brandon, Canada
“Tough steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The restaurant is update from the old location. We were disappointed with the both the quality of the steaks and the limited salad bar choices.

Calgary, Canada
“The best beef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Food was the best, service was a little substandard, but still within acceptable range. Prime rib cut is the best beef I've ever had. Too bad the salad bar seems to keep getting smaller though, very limited selection. Would have liked to see chopped boiled egg and fresh mushrooms for example. The hot fudge sundae seemed to be a bit different too. Ice cream quality not the best with just a drizzle of (not hot) chocolate sauce. Also, not the same ambience and view as when Bumper's was in its own building. The food, particularly the beef, still can't be beat though.