“B&B on Mountain Lane” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bed & Breakfast on Mountain Lane

Bed & Breakfast on Mountain Lane
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banff
Bed & Breakfast on Mountain Lane
Save Saved
You added Bed & Breakfast on Mountain Lane to your Saves list
104 Mountain Lane, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T0L 0C0, Canada   |
Ranked #32 of 34 Banff B&B and Inns
Jensen Beach FL
“B&B on Mountain Lane”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2006

Recently I have been researching and booking accomodations for our Canadian Rockies trip. The B&B on Mountain Lane had a good review and the accomodation shown on line appeared perfect for my husband and I. I inquired regarding availability, was given the rate, and sent my credit card number to the owners. I wondered why the owners only mentioned a queen bed and kitchenette but had said nothing about the sitting area, fireplace, private patio etc. I sent numerous e-mails over the past week inquiring as to why they were not mentioned. Today I was informed that this was another room in their home with a queen bed and bath and was not the accomodation shown or mentioned on the website which indicates they have one unit. My husband and I are grateful we discovered this before arriving June 1 and being escorted to accomodations less that we had expected. Since the review and the owners website indicate a suite, I think they should be upright about the accomodation and they should say - not what is shown online. $135 per night for a couple at the beginning of June fell within their guidelines as to rates. We are very disappointed and will look elsewhere for what we need. Has anyone else run into problems like this with B&B accomodations??

Solo
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2005

We recently stayed here for 5 nights while in Banff for a wedding at the Banff Springs Hotel (and some additional enjoyment of the park). The suite, which is the walkout basement of a home in a residential area, was very comfortable and included a kitchenette (microwave, no other cooking facilities), living area with gas fireplace, and bedroom. The backyard is lovely and we did hang out there although we never did use the hot tub on the upper deck. The location is perfect - 10 minute walk either to the Banff Springs or to town. It is a little dark inside but very clean, comfortable, and homey, and Brian and Elaine give lots of privacy but are very friendly should you seek them out. Definitely recommended! PS - they are exempt from charging GST. This is a bonus for Canadians!

Stayed July 2005
Listowel, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2005

I highly recommend B&B on Mountain Lane. I stayed there with my husband and In-laws in October of 2004. The Rundle Suite is two apartments in one, so we had lots of privacy. My husband and I had our own bedroom, kitchenette (which we didn't use), TV and washroom with shower. My inlaws had the larger, adjoining room with the bigger kitchenette, talble, sofa, TV, office space. Their bedroom and bathroom adjoined off of this large living space. The entire suite is housed in the basement walkout area of this modern house with a great mountian view.

We had access to our hosts hot tub on the second level, but we were so busy we didn't try it. The B&B itself was a 5-10 minute walk to downtown Banff, through a nice residential area. Right between downtown and the famous Banff Springs Hotel.

I can't believe the value and total privacy that we enjoyed for a mere $150 per night total. My only concern with posting this review is that the B&B will become so popular that I won't be able to get a reservation in future years.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Bed & Breakfast on Mountain Lane? Share your experiences!