“Perfect For Us” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bed & Breakfast on Mountain Lane

Bed & Breakfast on Mountain Lane
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banff
Bed & Breakfast on Mountain Lane
You added Bed & Breakfast on Mountain Lane to your Saves list
104 Mountain Lane, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T0L 0C0, Canada   |
Ranked #31 of 34 Banff B&B and Inns
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
“Perfect For Us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

Our stay at the B&B on Mountain Lane was our first stop during our 2 week Canadian Rockies vacation last month. We booked The Rundle Suite about a year in advance, and found it to be exactly as pictured and described on the website.

Location - About a 10 min. walk to downtown. Close enough, but not right in the crowded town. Very quiet on a residential street.

Breakfast - We sometimes like to stay in B&B's where a full breakfast is served, but for a trip like this, we prefer to have the flexibility of setting our own schedule. We are early risers and didn't want to wait on breakfast when there were things to see and hikes to take. So the self served breakfast was perfect. A frig in the room held milk, juice, and yogurt. Fresh fruit and individual cereal boxes, along with butter, jam, and cream cheese were also in the room. Each morning Elaine would sit a covered tray of breakfast breads on a table outside our door leading to an inside stairs. Not sure when she did this, it was just there when we needed it. We are not ones to over eat on vacations and prefer to have one large meal in a restaurant in late afternoon, so this type of breakfast along with foods we could easily pack in our backpack was quite enough for us.

Rooms - The rooms and bath were always clean with fresh towels when we returned in the evenings. We would have liked it if there were more lamps to turn on. It was difficult to find a bright spot to read, so reading lamps by the sofa would have been a plus. We were surprised to find a computer on the desk for our use. We knew there was going to be internet access, but thought we had to bring our own. We made use of the computer to check the weather and keep in touch with our family back home.

Elaine was friendly and would have been available had we needed anything. She left her cell phone number just in case. There was a teenage son who we saw coming and going. My husband met Brian on his way out one morning, but I never did. Although we could occasionally hear foot steps upstairs, it was quiet for the most part. The entrance to the suite is off the back yard, so you don't go into the main house which makes it very private. There is a lovely patio, but we never had time to sit on it. The weather was gorgeous the whole time we were there, so we were busy hiking the whole time. I heartily recommend staying at this B and B.

• Liked — Lots of space and privacy
  • Disliked — Needed more light
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Business
Jensen Beach FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2006

Recently I have been researching and booking accomodations for our Canadian Rockies trip. The B&B on Mountain Lane had a good review and the accomodation shown on line appeared perfect for my husband and I. I inquired regarding availability, was given the rate, and sent my credit card number to the owners. I wondered why the owners only mentioned a queen bed and kitchenette but had said nothing about the sitting area, fireplace, private patio etc. I sent numerous e-mails over the past week inquiring as to why they were not mentioned. Today I was informed that this was another room in their home with a queen bed and bath and was not the accomodation shown or mentioned on the website which indicates they have one unit. My husband and I are grateful we discovered this before arriving June 1 and being escorted to accomodations less that we had expected. Since the review and the owners website indicate a suite, I think they should be upright about the accomodation and they should say - not what is shown online. $135 per night for a couple at the beginning of June fell within their guidelines as to rates. We are very disappointed and will look elsewhere for what we need. Has anyone else run into problems like this with B&B accomodations??

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2005

We recently stayed here for 5 nights while in Banff for a wedding at the Banff Springs Hotel (and some additional enjoyment of the park). The suite, which is the walkout basement of a home in a residential area, was very comfortable and included a kitchenette (microwave, no other cooking facilities), living area with gas fireplace, and bedroom. The backyard is lovely and we did hang out there although we never did use the hot tub on the upper deck. The location is perfect - 10 minute walk either to the Banff Springs or to town. It is a little dark inside but very clean, comfortable, and homey, and Brian and Elaine give lots of privacy but are very friendly should you seek them out. Definitely recommended! PS - they are exempt from charging GST. This is a bonus for Canadians!

Stayed July 2005
Listowel, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2005

I highly recommend B&B on Mountain Lane. I stayed there with my husband and In-laws in October of 2004. The Rundle Suite is two apartments in one, so we had lots of privacy. My husband and I had our own bedroom, kitchenette (which we didn't use), TV and washroom with shower. My inlaws had the larger, adjoining room with the bigger kitchenette, talble, sofa, TV, office space. Their bedroom and bathroom adjoined off of this large living space. The entire suite is housed in the basement walkout area of this modern house with a great mountian view.

We had access to our hosts hot tub on the second level, but we were so busy we didn't try it. The B&B itself was a 5-10 minute walk to downtown Banff, through a nice residential area. Right between downtown and the famous Banff Springs Hotel.

I can't believe the value and total privacy that we enjoyed for a mere $150 per night total. My only concern with posting this review is that the B&B will become so popular that I won't be able to get a reservation in future years.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Bed & Breakfast on Mountain Lane? Share your experiences!