“great location great staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SameSun Backpacker Lodge

You added SameSun Backpacker Lodge to your Saves list
SameSun Backpacker Lodge
1.5 of 5 Hostel   |   433 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A5, Canada (Formerly Global Village Backpackers)   |
Ranked #7 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Banff
Kelowna, Canada
“great location great staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had a great time. The staff were very polite and helpful. Lots to do and see in Banff, the hostel made exploring the rockies easy and fun. The hostel location was perfect, moments away from everything even the greyhound bus station. Underground parking was available. The food was affordable especially when compared to other restaurants in and around Banff.

Justin C

Room Tip: its all good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Look I'm not a fan of hostels and so I don't want to be harsh. But this place was dirty and my room smelt. I think that mainly was a contribution of the people staying in my room but I cried the whole week I was there. I think tis place is great if your in for a big party and don't care about dirty rooms etc. the food was good and service friendly as well as is in a good position but otherwise yuck for me

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Tricia L, General Manager at SameSun Backpacker Lodge, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hi Elisa G,

Thanks for providing us with your feedback.

We work hard to make sure all our guests are comfortable. Our rooms are cleaned daily and we provide lockers in the rooms for belongings. Additional storage for snowboards or skis is also provided separate from the rooms to keep the dorms as clean and tidy as possible.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your experience staying with us. If you are staying at any of our hostels in the future and are unhappy with your dorm, please let us know of your concerns and we will do our best to move you to address the problem or move you to a different room.

Thanks,

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

SameSun was my first hostel experience. It was a most pleasant stay. The bed was comfortable, everything was clean and the help super friendly and efficient. I spent 2 nights there in a 6 beds dorm and slept like a baby thanks partly to their enforced quiet hours and friendly and respectful dorm mates. Breakfast was good quality and the little bar/restaurant cosy and warm. For the price paid it was more than I could have wished for and I recommend it highly!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Hearing from hostel first timers, and new converts, is some of my favourite feedback. We take pride in being able to provide affordable, comfortable, clean and social accommodation.

Welcome to the wonderful world of hostelling!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I loved my time spent in Banff, thanks to all the awesome people I met at this hostel. The atmosphere is very lively and fun. I believe the cheap beer at bar and open terrase and space allowed everyone to socialize better. In comparison to other hostels I've stayed in Canada, this hostel wasn't the cheapest but the dorms were large and clean. Also considering the spacious kitchen and common room, I'd say the expense is totally worth it. I recommend anyone to stay at this hostel if visiting Banff !!

Room Tip: 6 girls dorm was spacious and nice :)

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The check in was easy and the staff were helpful. It was nice having a bar onsite, and the breakfast was on par with good hostels. It was a short few blocks walk into the main part of banff. The room was a bit sweaty in July, but they did have a fan in the room, and the bathroom was clean. Overall it was a useful, clean, friendly hostel in a great town in the Rockies.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

As an 18-year-old single female hiker, safety was a big concern. I chose the Samesun for it's great reviews, and I was not let down. I absolutely loved staying here. I appreciated the lockers in the bedrooms (bring your own lock), and th esafety and security of the building. Loved the free breakfast, and I had a fantastic time. I plan on additional trips to Vancouver & Venice Beach, and I plan to stay in the other Samesun hostels there. The location of the Banff hostel was right downtown, and I honestly could not have asked for anything better. Cheap, quality, and awesome. 5 stars from me!

Hi Megan Cherie,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you had a great stay with us! As a fellow single female traveller I can appreciate how important security is to anyone staying in a hostel. We value providing secure and comfortable accommodations to all our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again here and in our other locations.

Thanks again,

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Girlfriend an I stayed for 2 nights in an 8 person room with shared bathroom. Friendly and helpful staff, a good bar with excellent food and generally clean. A bit cramped at times but that's to be expected in Banff in summer.

• Stayed July 2013
Tricia L, General Manager at SameSun Backpacker Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hi Phildebeest,

Thanks for your review of your stay at Samesun Backpackers. Banff certainly is a busy place in the summer, but with these views it's not surprising!

I'm happy you enjoyed staying with us. We love the Beaver Bar too, and we're happy we can offer great deals on our excellent food and drinks to give our guests a place to socialize and meet fellow travellers.

I hope we see you the next time you're in the Rockies.

Cheers,

Tricia Lucas

Been to SameSun Backpacker Lodge? Share your experiences!