I stayed at Samesun in Banff for 4 nights.
I stayed before in Samesun in Vancouver and Kelowna but they are all pretty different.
I booked a 6 female dorm, which was very nice because the room are big, furnished (TV, fire place etc) and not full so the night were quite peacefull.
At the beginning I was afraid to have a room close from the beaver (the bar) but you don't hear anything so that's good as well.
However, the "average" grade is motivated by all the rest :
- The kitchen is not even small but tiny.. For an hostel like that even my kitchen is more convient ! No space to cook, no enough space to seat, very hot, no plate (only small ones!) and you have to give your key to get pots and pans (that you have to clean yourself because usually they are still greasy from the last uses).
- The "free breakfast" is a joke compare to (for example) Samesun Vancouver : You have just pancake paste to make for yourself (put water into some kind of flour), you have to fight with the other to have enough space for making a pancake and if you arrive after 9am there is no toast or anything left (breakfast is supposed to be till 10..). No fruit. Deceiving
- Basically, it could be more clean and the staff a little bit nicer (some of them were nearly rude)
So, it's ok for a few nights but i heard HI is nicer so I guess next time I'll check HI..
Ps : Banff and Lake Louise are wonderful anyway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SameSun Banff is located downtown just steps away from everything the town has to offer. A recently converted hotel, we have all the amenities a backpacker could want. With a clean and comfortable environment, we boast spacious dorm rooms, a great atmosphere and friendly, helpful staff. Home to the Beaver Lounge, with Open Mic nights, live gigs and weekly trivia, it is the only backpacker pub directly on Banff Avenue! No membership required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HostelBookers, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your SameSun Backpacker Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samesun Backpacker Hotel Banff