I was looking to book a property which could accomodate the six of us (I was travelling with some extended family members). Initially I thought of booking two rooms but then it occurred to me that perhaps I should look into a suite or something. That's how I came across this property. As my title mentions this is an extremely basic property with just the bare minimum in terms of amenities. The check-in for this property is not within the building itself but a few steps away in another property owned by the parent company.
The very first thing I noticed when we pulled in was how little parking there was and how tight it was. After we checked-in (at the other building) I was told by the clerk that we could park at any of the properties which they owned (which were all within close walking distance).
We got a room (or should I say an apartment) with two bedrooms in the basement of this building. When I first walked in, I have to say I wasn't too impressed. Although I expected basic, this was extremely basic in terms of decor/furniture etc. The hallways weren't very inviting to say the least and my initial impression of the apartment was the same. After I had been in the apartment for a little while though I started to accept the fact that: number 1 - I had paid a very reasonable rate for the number of people that were going to be accomodated and 2 - that although basic the apartment was very roomy with two very comfy (if not spectacular) bedrooms and a decent washroom. The kitchen had a fridge and stove and was adequately stocked with plates/utensils/pots etc. and there was a dining table to sit and eat at. In addition, I couldn't really complain about cleanliness. Although old and basic, I had to admit the apartment was fairly clean.
After it was all said and done, my biggest gripe I guess was that since this property does not have air conditioning I would've like to have had an apartment on one of the upper floors (2nd or 3rd) as we could've opened the windows. Being in the basement didn't allow us to do this overnight or even open the curtains during the day as people would have been looking straight in.
Would I stay here again? This is a tough one. I don't normally travel with extended family members but if I did I suppose I would consider this one again but would definitely ask for a room higher up. Traveling with just my own family I definitely would not stay here again as I wouldn't need that much room and would opt for something smaller and cheaper but with a few more amenities.
- Also Known As:
- Rundle Manor Apartment Banff
- Rundle Manor Banff
- Hotel Rundle Manor Apartment
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rundle Manor, one of Banff's best kept secrets, is an apartment style hotel located in downtown Banff on a quiet side street just off of Banff Avenue. Great shopping and the best Banff has to offer are literally steps away from the hotel. Only 1/2 mile from train station & coach terminal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Rundle Manor Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.