“The worse hotel I've seen!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rundle Manor Apartment Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rundle Manor Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Rundle Manor Apartment Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   348 Marten Street, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B7, Canada   |
Ranked #29 of 33 hotels in Banff
Philadephia
“The worse hotel I've seen!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

We booked this hotel for a 2 bedroom suite, since it is inside Banff and the photos of the room look nice. WRONG!!! We were so shocked when we arrived and saw the condition of the room. The hotel is a very, very run down building, more like a "dorm" than an actual hotel design for vacation. Even worse, our room is in basement (believe or not!) and the room was full of bad, moist smell like the room is full of mold! The room is small and has only one bathroom that is so tiny and you have to really trying hard to close the door when you're in there. The hotel is close to a busy street and has "paper-thin" wall and floor that I could not sleep for the night by all the noise around. My wife was woken in the middle of night when someone from the floor above us shouted to the street at 2AM! We felt so terrible and been cheated by the hotel. My suggestion to you is DO NOT BOOK THIS ONE!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Camden, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2008

This place is very well located, and probably value for money comparing it to other nearby properties. However it is quite run-down and we were affected badly by noise on our first night from semi-permanent residents who work in the area for the season, but no problem at all with noise on the second night.

The main bed had two large body size indents, so at least one could not roll out of bed!

The kitchenette was well set-up with a full size fridge, with also an oven and microwave. No problems with that area. Cleaning was quite OK.

We also found the building to be quite stuffy, although not heated, and we frequently left a window open. Av max temps at the time of our visit were only about 15c.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bed
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
englang
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

Went during the winter to snowboard, fantastic location just before the shops/restuarants start and as it was minus 8 we didn't want to walk far! I would reccomend booking the 4 bed apartment for 2 people (as did we) because although the apartment decor was dated and tatty, it was a good size and had 2 sofas- so we had 1 each after a hard days boarding. Kitchen good size, house keeping came every day , cleaned bathroom and made the bed but never hoovered.
Be warned the apartment walls are pretty thin so you will know about any noisy parties, and hear all the ski boots clomping up and down the stairs.
In ref to other peoples mentioning of train noise, we occasionally heard the horn tooting but was no big deal and not heard at night
All in all were pleased with the accomodation if a tad noisy.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noisy due to thin walls
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2007

Stayed here in September, this hotel had a good size room, but was very dated. We had a partial view of the mountains, which was nice to wake up to (especially when it's your first time seeing them). The beds were very comfortable, but the room really needed a renovation.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room was dated
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

banff is very beautiful and we loved it, the apartments are very basic but had everything we needed for a couple of nights, it could do to be updated though, we had a 2 bed apt, linen was very clean, furniture a bit dated and only 1 bathroom, which is hard with a family of 5.
the main street was still closed off for traffic which was a shame and it made the paths very crowded when walking

loved the food, gondela ride and views, overall no complaints

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dated furniture
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cheshire, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

Studio apartment in basement. Very noisy as it's next to stairs and no privacy as anyone can see down into the apartment from street level. Limited car parking; not enough spaces for all apartments.
Complained to reception about lack of some cutlery, no tea towel, no dish cloth. Once back at the aprtment found they had given us a complete set of cutlery and pans, but no tea towel, no dish cloth. Complained again and this time they sorted it out.
On the last morning I washed one of the pans and the handle fell off. This could have been very dangerous and I had just used it 5 minutes earlier to boil some water. No apologies from hotel staff, just a "thank you for letting us know". Overall housekeeping was very poor.
On the positive side, the apartment is clean and a decent size and in a very good location for downton Banff.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — poor housekeeping
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toronto, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2007

I stayed at the Rundle Manor Apartments from April 25 to 29/07. I had booked through the Best of Banff website on March 18, receiving a confimation of my booking for a one bedroom apartment. Upon arrival, I was informed by the front desk clerk that they had no reservation for me. I showed her a print out of my confimation and the confirmation number I was given. After a phone call she informed me that all the one bedroom apartments where booked. I was told that a studio apartment was available. I explained to the front desk clerk that I had purposely not booked a studio because they were in the basement. She offered it at a reduced rate and since I had nowhere else to go I took it.

It turned out to be very clean and comfortable with a fully equipped kitchenette. There was a new fridge and stove and the bathroom was newly renovated. My only complaint was the noise during all hours of the night. My room was located near the front entrance by the stairway to the second floor.The place was over run with teenagers and young adults. They were running in and out all night and slamming doors. The fire alarm was pulled one night. Both windows looked out onto the parking lot. Needless to say, I enjoyed less than sufficient sleep.

Rundle Manor Apartments is located within walking distance from shops, restaurants and a grocery store. A bus stop is located outside the front entrance. The cost is $2. There is construction downtown but I didn't find that it distracts from the beauty of the town.

I can't recommend this as a place to stay for families with children or for anyone wishing to enjoy a quiet environment. There are too many kids booking the rooms simply to use as a weekend party place. I would not stay there again only for that reason.

Been to Rundle Manor Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!