“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Juniper Hotel

Bookmark
You added The Juniper Hotel to your Saves list
The Juniper Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Juniper Way | Mount Norquay Rd, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1W 2C3, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Calgary, Canada
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel is just outside the centre of banff. It's nice because you feel like you're more in the mountains than in the city. The rooms were clean although pricey, but all banff hotels are pricey. Service was great, the front desk always had tips of places to go to see wildlife. We had a room facing the parking lot on the 2nd floor just above the restaurant. It was a bit noisy in the morning with the garbage truck backing in, and other staff talking and smoking outside during their break, so if you stay there, ask for a room not facing the parking lot. There are no elevators in the hotel, so if you have a lot of luggage, ask for a room on the main floor. Also, the maid service didn't come to clean our room until 5pm the next day and by that time, we had come back to rest before dinner, so our room ended up not being cleaned. Maybe it was because we were the room at the end of the hallway, but if you want your room cleaned, then I guess try to stay out the whole day.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_Banff, General Manager at The Juniper Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for reviewing us! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our location. I apologize you found it a little noisy in the mornings. We are working on getting better soundproofing in the rooms in the near future. Our housekeeping department does their best to clean the rooms as fast as possible however sometimes when we have lots of guests checking out all at once, the stay over rooms are completed last. I recognize this isn’t an excuse and apologize for your inconvenience. We hope to host you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was our best stay in whole of Canada... Best two things here are the scenic beauty from the room and the breakfast in the restaurant.. It was the best breakfast in the whole of Canada.. We stayed there 3 days n all the days we had breakfast from there though it was not included in our room stay.. Must try egg Benedict with shredded duck or black pepper bacon, continental breakfast,Belgium waffle...ummmm.. Must come to restaurant by 7am to enjoy the scenic beauty and also food prepared hot in front of you takes time if u plan to leav by 8-8.15 out..also v ordered juniper beef burger in the evening which I remember as one of the best burgers I ever had...we had a free parking lot to park our rented car..

Only one thing which I feel was difficult is we carried two big luggage and there was no lift to carry to 1st floor since it was a very old hotel... But stil the place s very beautiful and a must stay..

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the views and our food so much. If you have time, we’d greatly appreciate you writing a review on the Juniper Bistro page as well!

Usually our front desk staff offer to help with luggage so I apologize if they didn’t do that for you. Thanks for the feedback, we hope to host you again one day!
Stratford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My daughter and I were there for three days at the end of July. Although we've been to Banff several times, I'd never noticed the Juniper, on the other side of the Trans Canada highway and up the hill. But I'll look for it again. Although a bit pricey (what isn't in Banff?), I found the room very clean and comfortable, more modern than mountain quaint in decor. Our first two nights we had a view of the mountain behind but the last night we got moved to a room facing the valley which was spectacular. We never ate in the restaurant but did have drinks there each night and it was amazing: the sort of view you get from the Banff Springs Hotel at a fraction of the price. And as people have said, the whole staff was extra friendly. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Second floor facing the valley!
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_Banff, General Manager at The Juniper Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review us. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much!
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We booked this hotel because we didn't want to be right downtown and I read that they were super dog friendly. They really were. The room came with a set of dog dishes and blanket to use. Having the dog also gave us a lower level room with a walkout door to the porch. It had an amazing view of Banff. You can tell that they re-did the hotel recently and they didn't skimp. We were right next to the hot tub but didn't have issues with noise. We ate breakfast in the bistro on our last morning and all of the food was fantastic. The quick drive down to town was nice and parking at the hotel was always easy.

I wish they would have given out some quick snacks for a breakfast to fuel you up before a hike and I didn't like having to call the front desk to adjust the thermostat (They were super nice about it but I felt like I was being a pain to call a couple times). These are minor complaints and easy to overlook when you get to the view.

Take a drive up to Mt. Norquay in the afternoon/evening time frame and see what animals you can see.

Room Tip: I would go for a room with the banff view. It really is amazing.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hi Phil,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. It’s great to hear you had a good stay. We are looking into changing the heating and cooling interface so that it is more intuitive for guests to use. A few grab and go, high in energy snacks for those jetting out to do something active would be a great idea – thanks for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Markham, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Located away from downtown Banff, one can really rest in Juniper.
Internet though it is free, sucks! Too slow.
Clean hotel and the staff extremely friendly.
Three room suites gives the option of cooking and this definitely reduces ones expenses.

Room Tip: One could go to downtown, which is 5 minutes away and the restaurants do have free Wifi.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for reviewing us! I’m sorry to hear that you found the internet slow. Often it runs fairly quickly but sometimes, due to our more remote location, we do have problems. Great to hear that you could really rest with us, we hope to be able to host you again!
kitchener
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The hotel is a 5 min drive from downtown Banff - perfect distance away from the hustle and bustle of Banff with a fantastic view of Mt Norquay. Would definitely go back.

We had a deluxe double room on the 2nd floor (no elevators but not an issue) very comfortable beds. Room was a generous size with a sofa and a lounge. Carpet throughout the hotel should be replaced and it was a box style TV. Nothing else was dated. Balcony with 2 chairs (if you sat you wouldn't see the view - perhaps glass panels on the balcony would be a nice upgrade.)

Service was very good. We had glitchy air conditioning but staff were very responsive to our calls.

Had breakfast on the patio - delicious and well presented. Hiway 1 seperates the hotel and the view of the mountains but no big deal - didn't hear the sound overnight.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for reviewing us! We are planning on replacing the carpet in the hotel very soon. I will pass along your feedback about the air conditioners to our maintenance team to see that it is addressed. It’s great to hear you found the service good and would definitely come back. We hope to see you soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were goung through Banff. Hotels were booked solid in both Banff and Canmore but when we phone to rhis place the staff was very friendly; took my number if there was a cancellation. They called me after and had a room available. We got there late and were starving. The bistro was a little pricey for the family so we went to Banff for supper. If ut was my husband and me, we would have went. Looked very nice. We missed out on the hot tub. The rooms were clean and we had a nice view. The room was spacious. It is an older hotel but would stay if it was my husband and me. For my family they like ro have a pool.Close to Banff

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_Banff, General Manager at The Juniper Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our property. I’m glad to hear we were able to accommodate you and that you had a good stay! We hope to have you

Been to The Juniper Hotel? Share your experiences!