“I'll be back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Juniper Hotel

You added The Juniper Hotel to your Saves list
The Juniper Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Juniper Way | Mount Norquay Rd, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1W 2C3, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Stratford
“I'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My daughter and I were there for three days at the end of July. Although we've been to Banff several times, I'd never noticed the Juniper, on the other side of the Trans Canada highway and up the hill. But I'll look for it again. Although a bit pricey (what isn't in Banff?), I found the room very clean and comfortable, more modern than mountain quaint in decor. Our first two nights we had a view of the mountain behind but the last night we got moved to a room facing the valley which was spectacular. We never ate in the restaurant but did have drinks there each night and it was amazing: the sort of view you get from the Banff Springs Hotel at a fraction of the price. And as people have said, the whole staff was extra friendly. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Second floor facing the valley!
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_Banff, General Manager at The Juniper Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review us. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We booked this hotel because we didn't want to be right downtown and I read that they were super dog friendly. They really were. The room came with a set of dog dishes and blanket to use. Having the dog also gave us a lower level room with a walkout door to the porch. It had an amazing view of Banff. You can tell that they re-did the hotel recently and they didn't skimp. We were right next to the hot tub but didn't have issues with noise. We ate breakfast in the bistro on our last morning and all of the food was fantastic. The quick drive down to town was nice and parking at the hotel was always easy.

I wish they would have given out some quick snacks for a breakfast to fuel you up before a hike and I didn't like having to call the front desk to adjust the thermostat (They were super nice about it but I felt like I was being a pain to call a couple times). These are minor complaints and easy to overlook when you get to the view.

Take a drive up to Mt. Norquay in the afternoon/evening time frame and see what animals you can see.

Room Tip: I would go for a room with the banff view. It really is amazing.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_Banff, General Manager at The Juniper Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Hi Phil,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. It’s great to hear you had a good stay. We are looking into changing the heating and cooling interface so that it is more intuitive for guests to use. A few grab and go, high in energy snacks for those jetting out to do something active would be a great idea – thanks for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Markham, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Located away from downtown Banff, one can really rest in Juniper.
Internet though it is free, sucks! Too slow.
Clean hotel and the staff extremely friendly.
Three room suites gives the option of cooking and this definitely reduces ones expenses.

Room Tip: One could go to downtown, which is 5 minutes away and the restaurants do have free Wifi.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for reviewing us! I’m sorry to hear that you found the internet slow. Often it runs fairly quickly but sometimes, due to our more remote location, we do have problems. Great to hear that you could really rest with us, we hope to be able to host you again!
kitchener
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The hotel is a 5 min drive from downtown Banff - perfect distance away from the hustle and bustle of Banff with a fantastic view of Mt Norquay. Would definitely go back.

We had a deluxe double room on the 2nd floor (no elevators but not an issue) very comfortable beds. Room was a generous size with a sofa and a lounge. Carpet throughout the hotel should be replaced and it was a box style TV. Nothing else was dated. Balcony with 2 chairs (if you sat you wouldn't see the view - perhaps glass panels on the balcony would be a nice upgrade.)

Service was very good. We had glitchy air conditioning but staff were very responsive to our calls.

Had breakfast on the patio - delicious and well presented. Hiway 1 seperates the hotel and the view of the mountains but no big deal - didn't hear the sound overnight.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for reviewing us! We are planning on replacing the carpet in the hotel very soon. I will pass along your feedback about the air conditioners to our maintenance team to see that it is addressed. It’s great to hear you found the service good and would definitely come back. We hope to see you soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were goung through Banff. Hotels were booked solid in both Banff and Canmore but when we phone to rhis place the staff was very friendly; took my number if there was a cancellation. They called me after and had a room available. We got there late and were starving. The bistro was a little pricey for the family so we went to Banff for supper. If ut was my husband and me, we would have went. Looked very nice. We missed out on the hot tub. The rooms were clean and we had a nice view. The room was spacious. It is an older hotel but would stay if it was my husband and me. For my family they like ro have a pool.Close to Banff

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_Banff, General Manager at The Juniper Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our property. I’m glad to hear we were able to accommodate you and that you had a good stay! We hope to have you
edmonton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed for two nights view from one side of the hotel is amazing but the road noise from the main hi way totally wrecks it.
Ate at the bistro a couple of times food was nice but way to expensive for what you get and the portion size was terribly small.
So would I stay there again, I really don't think so I'd like to think something was out there that's better.
Oh staff was very nice and beware of hidden charges Eco my foot.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. We’re disappointed that expectations were not met. We have however had consistent feedback that are portion sizes are healthy and most guests are pleased.

We do offer guests to take part in an option to take part in our Eco Stay program which is a $2 a night fee. The money goes towards a fund to help us offset our carbon footprint run by a Federal CSA approved program called Eco Stay. We’re proud to say due to guests’ generous donations we have helped offset the equivalent of 25 airplane trips around the world since February. I apologize if you felt this wasn’t communicated clearly to you.

It’s great that you found the staff so helpful despite some of your issues. We hope you change your mind and give us another try in the future.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Had a great stay at the Juniper. Room was clean with patio doors over looking the Banff Springs. Restaurant served delicious food. Duck Benny so delicious. Highly recommend. Highway can get noisy. Nice hiking around Norquay Ski Resorts

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks for writing a review of our property! I’m glad to hear that you found us dog friendly and fabulous! We hope you visit again soon.

Been to The Juniper Hotel? Share your experiences!