“elk and owls” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Calgary, Canada
“elk and owls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Walked this trail on a recent trip to Banff and was lucky enough to see both elk and an owl. It's an easy walk for anyone although there was lots of snow on the path (in February).

Edmonton, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice little trek in the woods with beautiful views of the wetlands and creek. Benches to rest and enjoy the stillness. Easy walk. Stop at Tim Hortons and take a coffee for the walk or warm up with afterwards if you go in winter as we did.

Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“A great trail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I found Fenland Trail by accident and am glad I did. It is just over the train lines from the Bow trail and is an easy 2km walk. It is a beautiful quiet walk in winter and the people I met on my walks were really friendly. It is where I had my first wildlife experience outside of a tour bus, with loads of squirrels and my first ELK. Totally amazing!

Winchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Probably better in Spring”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

A nice easy walk - very pretty in the snow, but would be lovely in the summer to picnic and enjoy the river and wildlife. But travelling in the Winter I didnt really expect too much.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
“Nice Little Stroll”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Rocky Mountain Resort during our skiing trip. The resort offered a number of guided walks. The Fenland Trail was one of the walks offered. It is a nice little walk, it is surprising quite, considering that it is so close to Banff and the highway. All I could hear was the lumbering goods train. I liked this walk.