“Great lodge, friendly staff, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rundlestone Lodge

Save Saved
You added Rundlestone Lodge to your Saves list
Rundlestone Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   537 Banff Avenue | P.O. Box 489, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A6, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great lodge, friendly staff, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This lodge has the most amazing views from a spacious balcony. The staff are very friendly, there was free underground parking, and the lodge (it's a very nice hotel, really - I had visions of a basic log cabin with a term like "lodge", but it's nothing like that!) is within easy walking distance of central Banff.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a front view - the road isn't very busy, but the mountain views are spectacula...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
southern california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is one of the few hotels in Banff with central AC in the summertime. I stayed three nights while attending a conference at the Banff Centre in order to have AC and a private bath (neither was offered by my conf at the Banff Centre). My room had one king bed and a cathedral ceiling. The AC worked very well and did not blow on the bed. The room was fairly small - it would have been cramped for two people but was fine for one person. The toilet had an issue - slow leak - which I reported and was apparently fixed. There is a restaurant next door that serves a modest full buffet breakfast and is a steakhouse for dinner at night. The dinner far exceeds the breakfast.
This is not a full service hotel - there is no room service for example. But the hotel room had a safe and a reasonable gym for a mid level hotel. My bed was comfortable and the lighting in the room was excellent with many sconces with individual controls including two over the bed with their own wall switches. The decor was quite traditional. The hallways were a little dated, the room less so. Overall I was quite happy with my stay and the price I paid (around $220 CAD per night). Although it was not that hot during my stay (high 70s during the day, sunny) the buildings were warm and the AC during sleep was quite welcome. I would stay at this property again if visiting Banff in the summer. I had requested a quiet room and was facing a side street rather the main street or the pool - this worked well for me. The window in my room was operable. Overall housekeeping was OK except one strange thing - a half used bottle shampoo left in my bathroom - I did not use it and I have no idea why they left it there. They also left me a full unused bottle of shampoo. I ignored the used bottle.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Riverview, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Underground parking, quiet area but still within walking distance to the town, staff was great and our room was quite spacious.
They also have a restaurant on-site, swimming pool, hot tub and gym.
Had a great visit, walked to town for a bite to eat and visited the shops.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had a beautiful loft room, with a nice fireplace, kitchenette and Jacuzzi. The room was clean and cozy. The balcony was small and the mount view was obscured. Would have been nice to have a blanket on the couch.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel is in a good quiet location, and the price was ok for a high season, long weekend rates (I guess). We managed to get 2 rooms overlooking the pool because the other rooms were all booked up or out of our price range, -- which means no view out of the building and the rooms were very dark, even with all lights on.
We peeked into other rooms in the hotel and they were all much better than the ones we ended up in. Both of our rooms could use some extra cleaning like getting stains out of chairs and carpet.
Also, one of our rooms had still wet coffee stains and the other had sugar all over the bed. Both rooms need renovations and overall proper cleaning.
As we were leaving the hotel, I mentioned all this, and I was told that they will renovate the whole 3rd floor, soon. And they really should. But for us, it was a so-so experience.

Room Tip: Do not get any of the rooms that are overlooking the pool. Any other room would be much better.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for just one night on a weekend getaway. We selected the hotel based on price, ratings of others, and the pool and we were not disappointed. The room was very nice. There was underground parking. The pool was large, warm, and had a hot tub as well. The fitness area seemed to be a bit small, but I have seen much worse.

There is a nice restaurant in the hotel and others located nearby.

My only issue when staying here is that rather than on-line movie channels, they have DVDs you can sign out. We had to make four choices before they had one we wanted to watch....and it took about 30 minutes to get the player in the room working.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Southam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Arriving at the beginning of a months trip we were very tired from a long flight, the hotel made us welcome and the position perfect, a short walk to the supermarket and stunning views of mountains the rooms were spacious and clean and everyone so friendly. If I'm ever out here again I'd come back to rundlestone lodge. Angela Warwickshire England

Stayed June 2014

Been to Rundlestone Lodge? Share your experiences!