“A pleasant hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rundlestone Lodge

Save Saved
You added Rundlestone Lodge to your Saves list
Rundlestone Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   537 Banff Avenue | P.O. Box 489, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A6, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 33 hotels in Banff
Buffalo, New York
“A pleasant hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed here when we got snowed out of camping at Banff. (Weaklings I know.) I booked it on a last minute site for $100, and I can't complain at that price.

The hotel was welcoming, and the room was nice and clean. The bedspreads seemed a little old and could be replaced, but they were really fine. The tub was nice a deep and a joy to use.

The pool and hot tub were great.

I didn't expect that a $200 hold would be put on my credit card, as I've only seen this done when people travel with only debit cards. Usually just putting the card on file is sufficient. (Unfortunately, I hadn't warned the credit card company that I would be travelling in Canada from the US, so when they attempted to use it, the account was locked up. No trouble with a second card though, and phone call fixed the first one.)

I would stay again, and certainly at a discount rate.

Room Tip: The discounted room we were given looked at the back parking lot. I imagine that a room looking out...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

602 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great value hotel. Friendly staff, underground parking good location to town centre (we had car but only 10min walk). We were walk-in guests based on other trip advisor recommendations. In april we got a great rate. Stayed three nights. Chose cheapest poolview room but did get a peak of mountain thru pool roof windows! Room was clean, spacious, comfortable. Decor not new but good. Lovely pool, hot tub and fitness gym. Newish Bumpers restaurant on site offered good menu with range of prices and good food. Salad bar was a disappointment and overpriced but rest good. Conveniently neighbouring hotel for pick up lakelouise ski shuttle.

Room Tip: Pool view has view over pool and thru high windows to mountain peak. Maybe wouldn't want floor 2...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Orangeville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked the Rundlestone Lodge just 2 days before Christmas to get some skiing in before spending Christmas with my daughter in Calgary. The resort is very reasonable priced set in a great location with friendly front desk staff. Our room had two beds and a little sitting area. The patio door looked out onto the street and had a little balcony. I found the rooms to be spacious enough for the three of us and very clean. The Rundle is only two stories which to me is great size for a hotel. It has underground parking which makes it very nice when visiting in the winter especially when we did for it was one of the coldest recorded for December. The pool, hot tub and change rooms are very nicely kept. My favourite part of the resort was the beautiful huge stone fireplace in the lobby. It was great spot for just relaxing and enjoying the warmth and smell of a real fireplace.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
fort saskatchewan ab
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have stayed at the rundlestone multiple times and it has always been a wonderful experience great staff and overall just a cozy hotel and friendly atmosphere i always recommend the rundlestone to anyone who is visiting banff.

Room Tip: King Jacuzzi suite will never disappoint.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Rundlestone Lodge is a nice hotel. It is a bit older as with most of the hotels in Banff but is well kept.

The lobby is nice and has a very large wood burning fireplace. You could smell the wood burning fire through the hotel and while I loved it if you are sensitive to smoke or don't like wood burning fire smell then maybe stay elsewhere. I thought it was cozy and wonderful atmosphere for Banff!

The rooms are a fair size and ours at least had a balcony which was a wonderful feature and if it had been summer would have been taken advantage of more! The view out the hotel is nice. It's Banff, it basically can't be bad :) We stayed facing the street and it was still quiet in our room. Further down the main strip it might be loud at night facing that way but the Rundlestone is at the edge of the main area and perfect for a quiet nights sleep while being walking distance from the action!

The hotel and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly.

We didn't order room service or use the hotel restaurant. While the restaurant is updated and quite nice looking it just wasn't too busy while we were there and didn't give off an aura of "come in come in" so we went next door to the Keg.

The pool area is nice and bright. It is large and well kept. The hot tub is nice and warm. The only addition I would make is to up the temperature of the pool area as it got a bit chilly walking around in your swimsuit and also make the pool warmer. I couldn't swim much as it was too cold for me to enjoy. We were also there in March and I believe the pool area is partially glass to the outside so the temperature may be much warmer and tolerable in summer when it is sunny and hot out.

We will definitely check out the Rundlestone again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Fireplace, private hot tub and king bed... what more could you want! The staff were helpful and friendly. You can even order some fresh popcorn to accompany their selection of movies on offer. The fireplace and hot tub were exactly what we felt like after day of snowboarding.

We only used the restaurant for breakfast but the meals did not disappoint! Not the best value breakfast I have ever had but you got what you pay for. We got a decent rate on the room because we stayed mid week. (about $150 a night for the king jacuzzi suite).

Room Tip: King jacuzzi suite is definitely worth the extra couple of bucks!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My in-laws stayed for about a week and my 4-month old and I had our own room for a copule of nights. We didn't use their crib/playpen that was offered as I had brought my own playpen, but didn't use it as we had an unexpected king size bed. (not complaining)

The room itself was so huge that I never collapsed my full size stroller. There was a nice size patio and had great views.

The dinning room was nice, there was one night that the two wait staff had an almost full dinning room and were struggling with service. There was a tour bus full of people that were staying at the hotel, don't understand why they didn't bring in extra staff, overall we had a good dinning experience.

Underground parking was abundant, but the front doors have two steps and no ramp. When I had first exited the building for a walk, the front desk staff, who said hi to me and noticed the stroller, didn't say anything about the steps out front and I carefully took my stroller down. When we came back, I had carefully taken the stoller up the steps. When I made this issue known to the front desk, they had mentioned that there was a ramp on the north side of the building but that I would've had to come in (leaving my baby unattended outside wasn't going to happen) and have a staff member open the door as it locks from the inside. The ramp wasn't noticeable from the outside (no signage).

Room Tip: Unless coming and going from the garage, there are steps at the front entrance and no signage for th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rundlestone Lodge? Share your experiences!