“I love this place.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rundlestone Lodge

Save Saved
You added Rundlestone Lodge to your Saves list
Rundlestone Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   537 Banff Avenue | P.O. Box 489, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A6, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 33 hotels in Banff
Edmonton, Canada
“I love this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am a big traveller and I've been to 26 countries. This is one of my favourite hotels and I stay here every time I come to Banff. It feels homey, it's always clean, the beds are way too comfy, the fitness facility and awesome, and the customer service is always great. I'm here with my niece to ski this weekend and the lobby and lounge are beautifully decorated for Christmas.

I've noticed something rather rare here as well. I've never seen a hotel offer such great long-distance phone rates--finally a hotel that doesn't nickel and dime at every opportunity. It makes staying here and connecting for work easy and affordable.

Thanks, Rundlestone. You'll always get my business.

Room Tip: The loft suites are really unique and cozy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

605 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked two king rooms for a stay over Christmas. We were not disappointed by this hotel. The underground parking was convenient with easy access to the hotel lobby.
The only thing about the check in was that we had to put $150 per room on the credit card for a damage deposit that was reversed at the end of the stay. I know this is becoming common practice but we were not made aware of this prior to booking. Our room was very clean and you could adjust the temperature as much as you wanted (For anyone that stays in hotels a lot, you will appreciate the big deal it is when the heating is working)The only strange thing about the layout was that the bathroom contained just the toilet and a bath/shower overhead. The sink was not in the bathroom, it was positioned next to the main door as you enter the room.
Location of the hotel is good and would be a lovely walk into Banff town centre when the weather is warmer. It was pretty cold during our stay we had to stay by the wood fire in the lobby ;)
Some of our party went skiing, the hotel doesn’t allow you to take wet ski gear into the rooms. They provide lockers for you in the underground parking, good idea as it benefits everyone using the facilities. The hotel had Christmas decorations everywhere. One of our party even had a Christmas tree in their family room.
On Christmas Day the hotel offered an hour of free international calling which was a lovely gesture.Overall this hotel offered everything we wanted for our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is what a hotel/resort should be, very nice, good service, and clean. Our room (372) was very nice, with a couch / seating area. Hottub was hot, and clean. We loved the decor and seating areas on the Main floor with TV's and a real fireplace. Breakfast was extra, but was really good. We were impressed that it wasnt busy when we went in and they were very attentive to have fresh food for us.

Room Tip: Our room has a couch/ seating area in front of a big window facing Banff Ave. We were delighted wit...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
St. Peter's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My boyfriend & I stayed here for the night while in Banff & it was great! I did find it a little chilly in the room but it did have a working wood fireplace which was a nice touch. The two person jacuzzi however was the highlight of our stay! Lots of towels, plenty of room for two & lots of hot water. We used this three times in less than 24 hours. I would recommend this hotel to any couple looking for a romantic getaway. So to sum it up:

Pros:

Two person tub!
Fireplace
Bath & Body Works soap/shampoo/condition/bodywash/lotion
Underground parking included
Quiet

Cons:

15 minute walk to downtown Banff (which isn't long but could be quite cold)
Little chilly in room

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RundlestoneFOM, Front Office Manager at Rundlestone Lodge, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Many thanks for your feedback - I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Our 2-person Jacuzzi tubs are definitely a highlight; be sure to book in advance as these Suites often sell out a way ahead! Just one small note, all our rooms are individually climate controlled (either heat or air conditioning), so it's just a matter of adjusting the thermostat in the room to find the perfect temperature for you. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Banff!
Powell River, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed 3 nites midweek in December & the cost worked out to under $80/nite (including tax, continental breakfast, fast WIFI & parking). The king room was spacious & even though it faced onto the main road was very quiet. There is a good in-house gym/pool/hot tub area that serves the purpose. Being only a 15min walk from the village of Banff, the location is good for those who don't ski/snowboard.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Booked a "non-refundable" room at C$79 (tax excluded) in Oct. Not bad given this hotel has swimming pool, water tub and underground garage. Also there is laptop available in the lobby.

Specious room although a bit dark (lighting needs improved). Maybe linen quality is where the owner want to enhance, if they would like to upgrade upscale.

Overall good value in Banff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kaneohe, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I booked Rundlestone very last minute, but after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. I knew two things--people on TripAdvisor liked it and it was one of the better hotel deals at the time I booked. I had never been to Banff before, so was very unfamiliar with the area and what to expect with regard to travel conditions. I opted to avoid getting a rental vehicle and instead took the airporter to the hotel and rode the ski bus every day. This worked out great. There is a pickup point for the ski bus 1 block away. The hotel is maybe a little over a kilometer (less than a mile) to the center of town. I walked it frequently without difficulty in the winter, but there are also city buses that will get you there if walking in the cold is not your thing. The hotel itself has a nice little lap pool and a fairly large hot tub. There are changing rooms and a small gym as well. I booked a room with a pool view and they upgraded me to a balcony room. There was a large flat screen TV in the room, a cute little vanity table, a decent sized bathroom with a deep tub, and a work desk. The internet was spotty, but free. There was no refrigerator or microwave (you can get a room with these things, but I didn't). Parking and lockers were free. The bed was comfortable. Overall, I was very pleased with the whole situation--no hidden fees, a good price, and a comfortable hotel. The continental breakfast was great! I'm not sure if that will continue after the new restaurant opens, but at least for the next few weeks, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Having now seen the pool rooms, I might recommend against it, particularly in busy times as I'm...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Rundlestone Lodge? Share your experiences!