“Better than expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rundlestone Lodge

Save Saved
You added Rundlestone Lodge to your Saves list
Rundlestone Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   537 Banff Avenue | P.O. Box 489, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A6, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Kaneohe, Hawaii
“Better than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I booked Rundlestone very last minute, but after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. I knew two things--people on TripAdvisor liked it and it was one of the better hotel deals at the time I booked. I had never been to Banff before, so was very unfamiliar with the area and what to expect with regard to travel conditions. I opted to avoid getting a rental vehicle and instead took the airporter to the hotel and rode the ski bus every day. This worked out great. There is a pickup point for the ski bus 1 block away. The hotel is maybe a little over a kilometer (less than a mile) to the center of town. I walked it frequently without difficulty in the winter, but there are also city buses that will get you there if walking in the cold is not your thing. The hotel itself has a nice little lap pool and a fairly large hot tub. There are changing rooms and a small gym as well. I booked a room with a pool view and they upgraded me to a balcony room. There was a large flat screen TV in the room, a cute little vanity table, a decent sized bathroom with a deep tub, and a work desk. The internet was spotty, but free. There was no refrigerator or microwave (you can get a room with these things, but I didn't). Parking and lockers were free. The bed was comfortable. Overall, I was very pleased with the whole situation--no hidden fees, a good price, and a comfortable hotel. The continental breakfast was great! I'm not sure if that will continue after the new restaurant opens, but at least for the next few weeks, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Having now seen the pool rooms, I might recommend against it, particularly in busy times as I'm...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed with friends at the end of September. One of my friends incorrectly booked the wrong night, so when we showed up on the wrong day and the hotel was booked, we thought we were screwed. Called around and it seemed like all of Banff was sold out that night. The woman at the front desk (I can't remember her name now) was awesome. She was able to get us a room last minute and we were able to stay in Banff instead of trying to find somewhere else to stay the night.

The actual hotel is decent, probably on par with any other average place in Banff. The real story for us was being able to get a room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Rundlestone Lodge was a great place to stay. The staff was excellent and the accommodations were clean and comfortable. Underground parking and continental breakfast were included. Huge roaring fireplace in the lobby was excellent and well maintained by very attentive staff. Definite repeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Rundlestone Stone for one night in early November. We booked last minute on Hotwire and we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel reception/lobby was inviting with a burning fire and was very cozy. Our room was on the second floor with a view of the pool area. The room and bathroom were very clean and we were happy with everything. The bed was firm but comfortable none the less. There are fancier hotels in Banff but I would recommend Rundlestone based on location and a great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here for three nights recently and we were very happy with our stay. The room was very big, and it was very comfortable. The hotel staff were very nice and the morning breakfast was very good. Used the pool and hot tub a few times and the area was very clean and well maintained. It was a bit of a walk to downtown, but it was enjoyable. Wifi was very fast. The only thing that I would add, would be having a mini fridge in the hotel room. I would stay here again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know who will be visiting Banff.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for two nights at the end of October 2012. It was the location of the scrapbook retreat I attended. Rooms were clean and comfy, staff was helpful and checked in on the conference room where 18 of us were scrapping and card making all hours of the day and night. Even allowed us use of a small meeting room for classes. Wildlife right outside the front door was cool to see, short walk to town. Enjoyed my stay and think it would also be a good choice for my kids and I to stay as well.

• Stayed October 2012
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed there as part of our 3 week tour of Canada from coast to coast in September 2012 and it happened to be my favourite place on the whole tour. Probably because we adored Banff at first sight and wanted to live there. It just felt so right for us, it's cool, relaxed, friendly mountain town, we felt good being in the company of like-minded people dressed in hiking gear and eager to explore nature. We loved the architecture of the whole town, the cosy lodges, use of local natural materials. We loved Rundlestone Lodge the moment we stepped in and into cosy wood panelled room with stone fire place, wood carvings and cosy armchairs. The staff were brilliant and helpful, our room was very large and comfortable, the swimming pool and hot tub really very good, free WiFi and large TV perfect. We visited Banff Brew Pub and really loved our tasting session when we were brought 6 1/3 pint glasses with beers brewed on site. They were delicious and a good value for money. Also Alberta has the lowest tax in Canada at 5%, so everything is cheaper compared to 13-15% in other provinces. We really liked our stay and will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rundlestone Lodge? Share your experiences!