“WHAT A RELAXING STAY IN BANFF” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rundlestone Lodge

You added Rundlestone Lodge to your Saves list
Rundlestone Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   537 Banff Avenue | P.O. Box 489, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A6, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, Canada
“WHAT A RELAXING STAY IN BANFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

So glad that we booked this property for our tour in Alberta Rockies! This was a cosy chalet style hotel that had that ski lodge feel about it! Staff were most accommodating and professional. Our rooms were lovely and most enjoyed the pool/hot tub area after a day of hiking! Great location if you dont mind a stroll down the road to grab dinner or shop. Free bicycles offered if you wish to cycle around town however we always strolled down the strip for some dinner after a soak in the pool and hot tub. Laundry facilities were useful for us after having dirty hiking clothes. The on site restaurant was not good...poor service...better to seek out the many dining choices on thes strip that suits your needs. Free underground parking...we had a relaxing time while staying here!

Room Tip: We booked ahead on Expedia and received a good rate...looked to be at full capacity in the summer!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Rundlestone. We stayed here for 3 nights. The room was a good size. I liked that the hotel catered for travellers with additional personal touches, such as the use of DVDs, a printer, a coin laundry, etc. The downstairs garage provided ample parking, and must be of real benefit in the winter. It is a 10-15 minute walk to the town centre and its number of restaurants. If I were to travel to Banff again I would book this hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I spent one night here while making a brief stop-over on our way west to BC. Because we took a room that looked onto the indoor pool instead of outside we enjoyed a very reasonable rate for Banff. The absence of a view was no problem and the room was large clean and updated with Wifi, large screen flat TV, and a fridge was provided free upon request. Amenities included a pool, exercise room, guest laundry, covered underground parking, restaurant (not used), nice lobby with fireplace and seating area. Location on the main street is convenient but a little far to walk to "downtown" Banff. No breakfast was included. Would recommend for a short visit to Banff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at Rundlestone 3 nights because my Dad had been stayed there on previous occasions. The hotel was everything we had hoped for. I downgraded the sleep quality only because the bed and I did not get along. My husband, who has longstanding back problems, thought the bed was heavenly. For whatever reason, the mattress and I did not get along. Each morning my back became progressively worse and after the 3rd night I not functioning well, unable to walk "normally", was taking anti-inflammatories and couldn't help my husband with luggage.

The restaurant currently there has only been open for a few years. My Dad raved about the prior restaurant so this one was a disappointment and, to my opinion, doesn't do the hotel justice. Our meal was mediocre so we did not return during our stay.

We would highly recommend this hotel. It is away from downtown Banff, but close enough to walk, take a shuttle or a short drive. The mattress/bad back was specific to me and I could not discourage anyone from trying this beautiful hotel. The pool and spa are heavenly.

Room Tip: Loved having a room on the 2nd floor that looked out to Mt. Rundle. Traffic noise was not an issue.
Duncan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Like a lot of hotels on the main strip in Banff, this is relatively fancy, but the Trip Advisor price we managed to get made this a great deal for us. The staff were friendly and helpful, and after staying in much less elaborate places elsewhere in BC, my wife and I really enjoyed the facilities of the hotel, such as the health club and the public rooms.

Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Check in was slow. Only one member of staff at the desk who was struggling to check in a German couple who didn't speak English.
We had the 'seperate sleeper room' as we were travelling with my sister and her boyfriend and trying to save the cost of 2 rooms. There was an ice bucket in one room and the coffee maker in the other. It was a bit weird going into their room to make the coffee in the morning whilst they were still asleep!
I have no real complaints about the Hotel itself but the 'Bistro' leaves a lot to be desired. We took one look at the menu, laughed at the prices and went to Chilli's in a neighbouring hotel. When we returned we thought we'd have a night cap. Sadly the bar shut at 10pm and the bar tender we had spotted earlier was sat at the bar with a glass of wine in her hand!
Not much else to say, I doubt we'll be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rhondda Cynon Taf, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed for three nights at this hotel on a tour from Calgary to Vancouver, arrived late afternoon and rooms were all ready had already eaten so did not try restaurant.First night was spoiled by a very noisy generator outside room so didn't get a very good nights sleep. Asked the following morning to change room and was told that it would be no problem all I had to do was to leave my luggage outside the room and they would get them moved to a new room. This happened without any grief and the new room was perfect. Hotel on the main drag into Banff and plenty of restaurants on the way.Free coffee in the hotel reception most of the day and also free internet access on computers in the reception area a boon if you have no laptop with you. All in all a very good hotel helpful staff and great location

Room Tip: dont have 142
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rundlestone Lodge? Share your experiences!