“Nice hotel; skip the onsite restaurant, though” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rundlestone Lodge

You added Rundlestone Lodge to your Saves list
Rundlestone Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   537 Banff Avenue | P.O. Box 489, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A6, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Key Largo, Florida
“Nice hotel; skip the onsite restaurant, though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights while on 3000 motorcycle trip from States. Reasonable walking distance from hub of Banff downtown, but surrounded by hotels and restaurants on this end of town. Easy to find coming in from 1A and Lake Louise. Covered parking a plus - on motorcyclists, be aware of sluices in ramp. Room was large and clean; windows overlooked (quite publicly) the indoor swimming pool. No refrigerator, which really should be standard in a hotel of this caliber.

Very attractive lobby and entrance.

Really enjoyed the swimming pool and hot tub with plenty of windows and skylights. A bit confusing to navigate multiple elevator options and layout. Ate at their restaurant; empty and understandably so. Mediocre food and servers were MIA... had drinks at bar in hotel, and the bartender had the same "get out of here, you're bothering me" attitude. So go elsewhere - so much to choose from in Banff! (NOTE: bartender made a point of telling us that the restaurant and bar were not owned/run by hotel)

Front desk help, though, was friendly and helpful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Camberley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

we stayed for 3 nights in a loft kitchenette room. fridge was a bit small but otherwise we could cope for ourselves quite easily with the microwave and 2 hot rings. Clean, good size television which I could connect to my laptop via HDMI and stream from the internet or watch our own DVDs (could not use the provided DVD player as ours were PAL and not SECAM). Same problem in Canada that we have in the UK - lots of cable/satellite channels but still not a lot to watch :-)
Safeway less than 10 minutes walk away - town a couple of minutes further on, so fair location. Would not hesitate to stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed at the Rundlestone Lodge for 3 nights. Check-in staff were friendly. Our room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. The room had a large plasma screen and we received good strong wifi. Free underground parking was great. A liquor store was located a couple of doors up the road, and on the walk into town, you will pass loads of restaurants/hotels.

On the downside, there was no fridge or safe in the room. If you don't enjoy walking, we wouldn't recommend this lodge. It is approx 15 min walk into the town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Whilst staying with friends in Calgary I took to the Rockies for a few days. I was travelling on my own and hired a car from the airport (got upgraded to a Mustang V8 5.0). The roads are easy to drive on and in Banff quick quickly.

The hotel is on the main straight and very easy to find. The room was clean and it was a peaceful nights stay. I ate in the restaurant for my evening meal and the service and food was very good. The waitress was for Australia (I think) and was much more welcoming than the Front of House.

I was disappointed when I compare the welcome I received at reception, to all the other hotels I visited on my holiday. I managed hotels in the UK for 14 years and feel I'm a good judge of service and expectations. My check-in and check-out was very systematic with no interaction or pleasantries. I felt I was more of a burden than a guest and I was a bit surprised. I was not surprised when check-out was much the same. Never asked if everything was OK or enjoy your journey etc etc.

I left Banff and headed to the Ice Fields :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
RundlestoneFOM, Front Office Manager at Rundlestone Lodge, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Many thanks for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at the hotel overall and found the rooms clean and comfortable.
I fully understand your standpoint on the check-in/out service. Although there are many other guest reviews on this site alluding to the friendliness of the front desk staff, our aim is to ensure ALL guests feel welcomed into the hotel and receive a more personal touch when they encounter staff members - particularly the Front Desk. I am sorry you did not feel this was the case during your stay.
Your comments are extremely valuable and will be shared with my Front Desk staff to help us improve and consistently provide the highest level of customer service possible.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I had a great stay at the Rundlestone at Banff. Very clean and nice and the pool was very relaxing. Banff was simply amazing and the pleasant stay at Rundlestone made the trip even better. Baff is world class and we had a great stay!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gulpen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We had a queen room with a view towards the indoor pool. They do mention the possibilty of an internal view on their website, but it's still weird to have a 125 cad room that has no daylight. Room was clean and quiet. Bed was a bit too firm. Parkinggarage was convenient. The hotel is a 10 min walk from the city centre.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RundlestoneFOM, Front Office Manager at Rundlestone Lodge, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your response. For the benefit of future guests, please be advised that although the windows in our pool view rooms are internal, they do receive natural light from the glass ceiling and windows in the pool area. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Big hotel, decor is rustic and typical for Rockies area. The front desk staff was less than welcoming and appeared bothered by our later than normal arrival time ie 22:00 hrs. Parking underneath is badly conceived and hard to get in and out. Room was good size. The most impressive fact at that location was the restaurant for breakfast, great meal which was served by a young waitress of English origin I would say who enjoyed her job.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rundlestone Lodge? Share your experiences!