“Reasonably priced hotel in Banff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rundlestone Lodge

Save Saved
You added Rundlestone Lodge to your Saves list
Rundlestone Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   537 Banff Avenue | P.O. Box 489, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A6, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Brisbane
“Reasonably priced hotel in Banff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed at the Rundlestone Lodge for 3 nights. Check-in staff were friendly. Our room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. The room had a large plasma screen and we received good strong wifi. Free underground parking was great. A liquor store was located a couple of doors up the road, and on the walk into town, you will pass loads of restaurants/hotels.

On the downside, there was no fridge or safe in the room. If you don't enjoy walking, we wouldn't recommend this lodge. It is approx 15 min walk into the town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Whilst staying with friends in Calgary I took to the Rockies for a few days. I was travelling on my own and hired a car from the airport (got upgraded to a Mustang V8 5.0). The roads are easy to drive on and in Banff quick quickly.

The hotel is on the main straight and very easy to find. The room was clean and it was a peaceful nights stay. I ate in the restaurant for my evening meal and the service and food was very good. The waitress was for Australia (I think) and was much more welcoming than the Front of House.

I was disappointed when I compare the welcome I received at reception, to all the other hotels I visited on my holiday. I managed hotels in the UK for 14 years and feel I'm a good judge of service and expectations. My check-in and check-out was very systematic with no interaction or pleasantries. I felt I was more of a burden than a guest and I was a bit surprised. I was not surprised when check-out was much the same. Never asked if everything was OK or enjoy your journey etc etc.

I left Banff and headed to the Ice Fields :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
RundlestoneFOM, Front Office Manager at Rundlestone Lodge, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Many thanks for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at the hotel overall and found the rooms clean and comfortable.
I fully understand your standpoint on the check-in/out service. Although there are many other guest reviews on this site alluding to the friendliness of the front desk staff, our aim is to ensure ALL guests feel welcomed into the hotel and receive a more personal touch when they encounter staff members - particularly the Front Desk. I am sorry you did not feel this was the case during your stay.
Your comments are extremely valuable and will be shared with my Front Desk staff to help us improve and consistently provide the highest level of customer service possible.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I had a great stay at the Rundlestone at Banff. Very clean and nice and the pool was very relaxing. Banff was simply amazing and the pleasant stay at Rundlestone made the trip even better. Baff is world class and we had a great stay!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gulpen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We had a queen room with a view towards the indoor pool. They do mention the possibilty of an internal view on their website, but it's still weird to have a 125 cad room that has no daylight. Room was clean and quiet. Bed was a bit too firm. Parkinggarage was convenient. The hotel is a 10 min walk from the city centre.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RundlestoneFOM, Front Office Manager at Rundlestone Lodge, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your response. For the benefit of future guests, please be advised that although the windows in our pool view rooms are internal, they do receive natural light from the glass ceiling and windows in the pool area. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Big hotel, decor is rustic and typical for Rockies area. The front desk staff was less than welcoming and appeared bothered by our later than normal arrival time ie 22:00 hrs. Parking underneath is badly conceived and hard to get in and out. Room was good size. The most impressive fact at that location was the restaurant for breakfast, great meal which was served by a young waitress of English origin I would say who enjoyed her job.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Not having a clue where to stay in Banff and first time visitor to Canada, a friend recommended this property. Wonderful location, great parking, accommodating staff and awesome beds. Made this reservation 3 weeks ahead of our holiday, called and made a reservation directly with the property. We arrived as planned and enjoyed our stay.

Thank you Rundlestone Lodge. My first trip to Canada was made more enjoyable because of your hospitality.
DallasRN

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Nice twin room. Beds were comfiest we had over a 2 week holiday - other were all too soft.
Only negatives were only 1 pillow each (no spares to be found in the room) & a fridge in the room would have been nice.
Staff were all really friendly. The bistro was great.

Room Tip: Nice, quiet rooms with great views
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I just wanted to mention there are spare pillows in the drawers under the TV in all guestrooms and we are currently working on installing fridges in rooms throughout the property in order to improve guest experience. Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay!

Been to Rundlestone Lodge? Share your experiences!