“All Worth It” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rundlestone Lodge

You added Rundlestone Lodge to your Saves list
Rundlestone Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   537 Banff Avenue | P.O. Box 489, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A6, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“All Worth It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We had a 1 night get away stay at this hotel - beautiful hotel, we booked a one queen bed for a really good price, what i like about this is we got a "special" discount online for "locals", ask for it or go to the "special" category in the website. The hotel exceeded our expectations - friendly and helpful staffs, we got a free rental for DVD movies, they have a selection of free movies, 10% discount for their restaurant coupon that they gave, clean bedroom, we got a queen bed with a twin bed unexpectedly, heated underground parking, good sets of towels and pillows, we can see the pool from our window. We didn't get the chance to go to the pool.

Things to improve maybe - option for a tea instead of coffee in the room and free bottled water. Shampoo and conditioner available, the only available in the room is shower gel and lotion and bar soap which are not bad. Maybe if we ask they will give them to us, we just didn't bother to ask.

Overall, our money is worth it and great time. Quiet hotel too. Loved our stay. Thank you. Also we checked out over 11 am, maybe before 11:30am and they didn't bother to mention that. Thanks a lot.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

This hotel is down the "main drag" of Banff, and is well situated for seeing the town. It is within walking distance of all the shops (although at the end of the night we jumped for a taxi and that was very economical, too). With skiining pick up and drop off, it is also perfectly situated for ski vacations. The room was clean, bright, and comfortable. We booked the "romance" package that had us in a room with a wood burning fireplace (how often do you get that kind of amazingness?) and a deep jacuzzi tub for two. I loved the details of the locale-specific soaps and the large number of towels. This place was stocked for luxury and was greatly appreciated!

The resteraunt in the hotel is very nice, with a lot of healthy, vegetarian and special diet options. The pool was beautiful. Overall, this was worth every penny for a special Friday away from home.

Room Tip: The rooms with wood-burning fireplaces offer an amazing special treat for those so inclined!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Beautiful well kept hotel, stayed for three nights. Staff was very nice and helpful. We stayed in a Loft Suite where there was a kitchenette with a fridge, living room with television and fireplace and a jacuzzi. Upstairs was the bedroom. To walk downtown was only about 12 minutes but lots to see on our way there. Shuttle service was great. Not far from the Banff Gondola and other sites. Restaurants were great!!!!! The restaurant in the hotel was fantastic, very nice waitires and waitresses. Pool was great. Underground garage which was fantastic!!! We had a great view of the mountains from our balcony. I would recommend this hotel very much.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Nice Rooms well kept,room service prompt and staff very helpful.Only downfall no fridge in room,patio makes for make shift fridge during winter but don't leave anything out overnight or it will freeze.Pick up too ski hills right next door for shuttle service,10-12 min walk to downtown area,25-30 min walk to Banff Springs Hotel.Overall good bang for your buck for this area!

Room Tip: Stayed in king suite at rear of building good view of mountain very quiet for sleeping.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Decided to stay here for our Valentine's weekend away. For about $430.00 we got a two night stay in the Rundle Loft Suite, which had the bed downstairs and the jacuzzi upstairs. I was originally told that it had a full kitchen, so that was kind of a surprise when I walked in and there was nothing.

The (-) - I prefer more modern accommodations, but the rustic look was nice. The biggest issue was that the layout of the room was just bad. We stayed in room 320, and in that room, the TV downstairs was behind a wall, so you couldn't see it from the bed. But if you pulled it out so you could see it, it had to sit awkwardly in front of the fireplace. So no fire. A flatscreen on top of the fireplace would fix this instantly. The tub was wider than other jacuzzis we've had, but it wasn't deep at all (meaning half your body sticks out and it's awkward). The bathroom light took a little while to flicker on, the shower/tub didn't drain well (so you're standing in a lot of cold water while you shower), and it's hard work to get the sink to turn on. The furnace made an odd alarm-sounding noise when it came on, and you lost Wifi service when you went up in the loft.

The (+) - Heated underground parking, nice and very friendly staff, and it's quiet, clean, and out of the way.

It was a nice hotel, but I think it's a bit over priced (as is everything in Banff, but still). It's not too bad, but I don't think I'd stay here again. Too much money, and no "wow" factor.

Room Tip: Rooms on level 3 lose internet service on and off - unfortunately that's where the suites are th...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
RundlestoneFOM, Front Office Manager at Rundlestone Lodge, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
I am so very glad you chose a Rundle Loft Jacuzzi Suite for your Valentine’s Weekend away. The pictures you included in your review showcase the room very nicely! I would like to apologise for any misunderstanding concerning the kitchenette – it is our Cascade Loft Jacuzzi Suites which have kitchenettes.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the room. With regard to the specific issues mentioned in the review, these have now been corrected: We encourage our guests to let the Front Desk know should there be any concerns during their stay so that the situation can be rectified promptly and not detract from their experience.
As our fireplaces are wood-burning, we have been advised not to mount the flat-screen TV’s above them due to the risk of smoke damage. I am sorry you lost Wi-Fi signal in the loft section of the suite, we undertake frequent signal checks to ensure that our complimentary wireless service is available all areas of the hotel.
We are pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with us and thank you for your feedback.
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed here just before Christmas for my girlfriends birthday. This is a beautiful hotel as soon as you drive into Banff. It has heated underground parking which is amazing! The rooms are very large and cozy with a classic lodge feel to them. Having a balcony is a nice perk too, especially to take in that crisp mountain air. The price was a bit high, but it wasn't outrageous. It was close to being on par with Banff standards. We upgraded to a Loft suite with a jacuzzi.

The showers were a bit a small but who cares when you've got a Jacuzzi room! Also, The fireplace is really nice but it really makes all of your clothes smell like campfire!! (especially if your damper was kind of tricky to tell if it was open or closed like ours was) I would reccomend to bring some Febreze if you plan to light a fire, just in case.

The pool was nice and the hot tub was hot. Didn't use the gym but it had nice equipment by hotel standards. Like I said earlier, this is one of the first hotels as you drive into Banff, so it's at least a 10-15min walk to downtown... you can also cab it... which is like 5-10 bucks.

All in all, I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012 via mobile

It was my wife's an I romantic weekend away from Edmonton. I checked trip advisor at length(as usual) and booked a king room for 2 nights at close to $300. I requested a jacuzzi room if available.(I splurged) Upon check in I was told for$60 I could upgrade, I asked"for 2 night..$60?..hmm...ok". The room was decent, fire place, jacuzzi...nothing fancier the any other hotel. Upon check out I was charged an additional $133 for the room. I explained what I was told and I received a very half hearted "sorry" and that was it...so to summarize. I paid $420 for 2 nights in banff so could have the pleasure of a jacuzzi in my very rustic room. Nice place to stay? Sure. worth the money? NO WAY!!

• Stayed February 2012
RundlestoneFOM, Front Office Manager at Rundlestone Lodge, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to upgrade to one of our very special, beautiful Rundle Loft Jacuzzi Suites for your stay. It is regretful the upgrade of $60 per night offered at check-in was misunderstood. In order to avoid any future issues, I will work with our customer service representatives to help ensure such information is clarified by both parties. The hotel feels the upgrade was a very reasonable offering – indeed providing a $40 saving on our published rate.

We recognize staying in a Suite is a more expensive venture. We are proud of our pricing model and the competiveness of our product. A recent comparison to a like Suite for a weekend stay in another Banff Avenue property totalled $730.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay overall and we look forward to hosting you again on your return to Banff.

Been to Rundlestone Lodge? Share your experiences!