“A good place for cocktails too” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 128 Restaurants in Banff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza, Sandwiches, Pub, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Alabama
“A good place for cocktails too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Friends out after dinner stop in for drinks. Limited bar seating but no worries, staff are attentive. Unique cocktail menu. I suggest the Game Changer or the Mountain Moose.

London
“Not as impressed this time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I came here last year really enjoyed it, hence the return. It's still very good, but a few things weren't ideal this time. Firstly, the service was a bit hit and miss. Not bad, by any means, but being presented with the chili/honey when on my last slice of pizza and had already asked the people next to me for theirs, and with no apology for the delay/pointlessness of asking felt a bit odd.
The other comment (I had the mushroom/pine nut/pesto pizza) is that it's described as 'wild mushroom' on the menu. I'm not sure what kind of wilderness exists in their kitchen, but these looked like bog-standard household button mushrooms to me, and tasted like it too.

I'm being tough on them, but if you're going to declare your pizza 'ridiculously good', you should match that in the delivery. The combination of flavours was indeed very good, but the execution was a bit so-so this time. Sorry.

I'll probably return though.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Crowded but worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We were a very large party for this place so things were really tight. The food was great though. We had a pre-set menu but they made one of my tables pizzas gluten free for me. The guy across from me complained at first but then said it was the best one he tried.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rovaniemi, Finland
“Intersting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We ate pizza there, the bison was interesting for me who ate bison for the first time. Margarita wasn't that good. Server told us to mix honey and some hot sauce and dip our pizza in there. That was really interesting and weirdly good, thanks for the tip! Place was really full but we still got a table almost immediately. Place to visit!

Visited February 2014
Prince Albert, Canada
“Tiny place with amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We let the kids choose where they wanted to go for dinner and after going through the dining guide at the hotel they chose PIZZA and Mac & Cheese that they saw the Bear street Tavern would serve them... we were sat very quickly in the farthest table at the very back of this tiny bustling little place. We loved the atmosphere! We ordered a Pizza... Mac & Cheese... Both were VERY Yummie! My husband said his Fajitas were some of the best he has ever had... We also ordered an appetizer spinach artichoke dip with chips... One of the kids is soooooo fussy and we couldn't stop him from eating it all up! I personally wanted just something on the lighter side and ordered the Caesar salad... I did not read the description I just ordered it... It came with Balsamic Vinegar ALL OVER IT.... YUCK! I did not complain when she asked how everything was but my husband told her that there was a brown sauce all over it and that I was not going to eat it at all. She knew right away and said its Balsamic vinegar I will ask them to remove it from your bill. She did ask first if I wanted a new salad but everyone else was just about done their meals so I opted not to have it replaced. WE would definitely go back and would recommend that you try this place when your in Banff next.

• Visited February 2014