“Excellent food, price and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 120 restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Excellent food, price and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Wait staff friendly and helpful. We sat out on the patio which had a excellent atmosphere. Good variety of high quality pizzas and salads with daily specials.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Minneapolis, MN
“Yummy Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place has the best pizza in town! We tried ours deep dish, which was a real treat. Also try the beer sampler or the sangria punch bowl. Great place for a casual dinner!

Visited September 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Busy Night at Bear Street Tavern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Following a day of driving the Bow Valley Parkway and the Icefields Parkway, I needed to stretch my legs, so I made the short walk from my hotel, stopped in at the Banff Safeway, did a little souvenir shopping on Banff Avenue and wrapped up my evening at Bear Street Tavern. This charming spot came highly recommended by my hotel and I can see why.

Given that it was Sunday night of the Labor Day weekend, the place was jammed with people, but the staff could not have been more accommodating. As a lone traveler, I am more than happy to have a spot found for me at the bar, which is precisely what happened. The patio looked appealing in the waning summer light, but the 1+ hour wait for a table there just didn't fit with my plans. What is important to me is that the staff made me aware of the options and the timetable for each.

My waitress was delightfully cheery and patient as she explained the evening's specials, taking extra time to precisely describe "bison donair" and make it seem reasonable that one would put that on a pizza - together with shredded lettuce and a drizzle of sweet garlic sauce. The bow on this present of a meal was when she brought my bison donair pizza accompanied by a squeeze bottle of honey and a bottle of red chili oil - to be mixed together and used for dipping the pizza - to "bring out the flavors." And she was right!

Even though the restaurant stayed packed through my meal, never did I feel rushed or neglected. My drink glasses were readily replenished and every courtesy was offered.

This is definitely a place I will visit again when I return to Banff!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Not Tourist Friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

After spending the day in Banff our group of four stopped here for dinner. One person in our group has dietary restrictions and wanted to special order a pizza with ingredients that they had available for other menu pizza's. We were informed that the Bear Street Tavern does not do build your own pizza's. It was a simple request that any other restaurant would accommodate and the place was not even busy. We already had drinks and appetizers at the table otherwise we would have just left and gone somewhere else.

Visited August 2013
St. John's, Canada
“Excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We ate here after our Lake Minnewanka Tour. The restaurant atmosphere was good and our waitress was friendly and patient.. Ihad great pulled pork nachos, my son had pulled pork fajitas which he said were excellent and my grand-daughter loved her mac&cheese. My husband ordered beef fajitas, after placing his order the server came back and told him there was not enough beef to make the fajitas and would he like to order something else, he stuck to the fajitas. When they arrived there was next to no beef and he refused to eat them as he said they were terrible. He was offered another meal but declined. He had misunderstood the waitress and thought they were going to cook more beef though the rest of us clearly understood that would not be the case. The manager came to the table to ask if they could get him something else but again he refused and asked to have it taken off his bill which they did. I felt they were very patient with him as they had advised him of the problem but he still ordered the meal.

• Visited August 2013