“Great Montreal smoked meat sandwich!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 122 restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Montreal smoked meat sandwich!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were drawn to this cute little sandwich shop by the delicious smell. We ordered a Montreal smoked meat and triple decker sandwich. Both were delicious, but the Montreal smoked meat was a standout. Super tender and melt in your mouth goodness. Though the sandwiches may be a little pricey, they are delicious and worth every penny. I don't mind paying more for good quality food. Next time we will try the Rueben.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

82% Recommend
Kitchener, Canada
“Surprising and inviting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We were surprised when we enter this establishment. Expected it to be small and quaint. It was very spacious and casual. The service was very friendly and the staff explained what you were getting for your dollar. Although the prices may seem a bit expensive after getting your sandwich you realize they are worth the price. The seating is very comfortable and has that homey environment. Nice place to sit back, relax, enjoy your sandwich and a little chit chat. The only thing missing was some TV's to watch some sporting events but I am sure that will change some time soon.

Visited September 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Best Sandwich I've Ever Had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Delicious and well priced. That's it, EAT THERE! Highly recommend this place, best food we've had in Banff, and cheapest.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mesa, Arizona
“Second as good as the first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We loved the sandwiches so much the first time around, we came back another day for lunch and had the same! Our party of 5 had the triple decker, italian panini, montreal smoked meat (2) and a vanilla shake. LOVED them, the best meal we had in Banff, twice. Atmosphere was cool and relaxed, with free WiFi. A bit more expensive than other sandwich fare, but well worth the price.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mesa
“Great Sandwich, awesome smoked meat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This place has great Montreal smoked meat... the other sandwiches (triple decker and Italian) there are pretty good as well but the smoked meat is where it is at. Literally melts in your mouth. I tried the reuban and my son had the Montreal smoked meat sandwich and we each ate half... I'm not sure which I like better. Both were very good, in fact, probably the best smoked meat I've had. I asked the chef about it and he informed me that they bring the Brisket in from Montreal.
Yes it is a little more expensive than maybe other sandwich shops but the Smoked meat is worth it.
Sandwich's come with a small side of chips, coleslaw and a dill pickle. Some complained about the slaw but I liked it, was vinegar based and not a lot of mayo....
My only suggestion to the restaurant....put some poutine on the menu.

• Visited January 2014