“Best sandwich ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Kulin, Western Australia
“Best sandwich ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Found Squish by accident while in Banff. These boys know how to make an excellent sandwich - best I've had!

Visited August 2013

82% Recommend
Leawood, Kansas
“Great sandwiches, bit pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We really loved the sandwiches we ordered, however, they came with chips and cole slaw. The chips came in a tiny cup with 8-10 chips in them and the slaw was terrible - we threw it away. Even though their sandwiches are very good, we think $13.75 is more than they are worth since there's not an option to forgo the chips and slaw.

Visited August 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm not a huge sandwich person, but this was actually the best sandwich I've ever eaten. Each sandwich also comes with coleslaw, a pickle, and chips. If you order a milkshake, be prepared for a huge portion (I wish I had shared with someone! Couldn't finish it). The atmosphere in the restaurant is also surprisingly classy. I think this place will become a must-need stop for us while in Banff!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

The Montreal smoked meat is piled high and more tender then the fresh bread! Great variety. I could eat there several times a week. Wish they were open a little later.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Banff, Canada
“I go there when I crave for a big lunch. Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

You may think that $13.75 + GST for a sandwich is a little bit pricy. It comes with a whole size pickle, coleslow, a little bit of potato chips on side, and their sandwich is huge! Be ready to stretch your jaw. Or, you can share with your firend if you are light eater. It is made fresh - not like pre-maid and palced in a window-case. So...? maybe the price make sense? As a consumer, it would be much nicer and reasonable if the price includes a drink. Still, I enjoy what I pay for. My favorite so far is Triple Decker. I have heard several people liked Montreal Smoked Meat - lots of smoked meat and very thick sandwich.

Everytime I go there, it is busy, whick is good. Because the place is downstairs, if you think it is too dark (no window) to eat in, take out and eat at a picnic table in the park or beside Bow River while enjoying wonderful mountain views!

As a local, this is one of places that I wish them success in business for a long-run.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere