“Yum!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Edmonton, Canada
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm not a huge sandwich person, but this was actually the best sandwich I've ever eaten. Each sandwich also comes with coleslaw, a pickle, and chips. If you order a milkshake, be prepared for a huge portion (I wish I had shared with someone! Couldn't finish it). The atmosphere in the restaurant is also surprisingly classy. I think this place will become a must-need stop for us while in Banff!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

The Montreal smoked meat is piled high and more tender then the fresh bread! Great variety. I could eat there several times a week. Wish they were open a little later.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Banff, Canada
“I go there when I crave for a big lunch. Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

You may think that $13.75 + GST for a sandwich is a little bit pricy. It comes with a whole size pickle, coleslow, a little bit of potato chips on side, and their sandwich is huge! Be ready to stretch your jaw. Or, you can share with your firend if you are light eater. It is made fresh - not like pre-maid and palced in a window-case. So...? maybe the price make sense? As a consumer, it would be much nicer and reasonable if the price includes a drink. Still, I enjoy what I pay for. My favorite so far is Triple Decker. I have heard several people liked Montreal Smoked Meat - lots of smoked meat and very thick sandwich.

Everytime I go there, it is busy, whick is good. Because the place is downstairs, if you think it is too dark (no window) to eat in, take out and eat at a picnic table in the park or beside Bow River while enjoying wonderful mountain views!

As a local, this is one of places that I wish them success in business for a long-run.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great sandwichs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The best sandwich in the area!!! you get what you pay for! all fresh toppings and great bread. will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, MA
“Good lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stopped in here for a bite to eat while in Banff. The sandwiches are fresh and tasty. I believe they smoke their own meat. Prices seemed high, but maybe that's what you get in a tourist town.

I would have given them five "circles" on tripadvisor, but it's not stroller friendly. That's kind of difficult to change, but they could easily install changing tables in the washrooms, which would also be nice. (Hint, hint to the owners.)

Regardless, we enjoyed our lunch there!

• Visited July 2013