“Nice place, great atmosphere, service perfect, sandwich delicious!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Squish Sandwich Cellar

Cuisines: Sandwiches, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Canmore, Canada
“Nice place, great atmosphere, service perfect, sandwich delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Even though I think a sandwich at 13$ and a drink for 4$ is expensive, I loved this place. The woman (who seemed to be the owner the way she served people) was so nice an taking good care of everyone. I had the triple decker sandwich and I loved it! Everything is cut so thin from avocados to chicken and tomatoes and it was pretty big. Great location directly on Banff avenue. Room is nice too, very cosy and comfortable, nice atmosphere.

Lac La Biche, Alberta
“Really good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were a little hesitant after seeing the prices but the sandwiches were great! The server made sure we were happy and that our little guy even got his own bread and ice cream free of charge. We'd go back!

Edinburgh
“Super sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a good find, a sandwich shop on the main street in Banff. Good prices for big wraps and very friendly service. We took ours away for out walk. Only downside is that it didn't open early enough in the morning to buy another one for our onward journey!

• Visited September 2012
Cochrane, Canada
“A Cold Cut Above”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

While in Banff on business I needed a quick but hearty bite to eat. This was my first time at Squish Sandwich Cellar and I was impressed. I ordered the Smoked Salmon on Marble Rye and it was excellent. Very fresh, lots of Salmon and some interesting veggies such as bell pepper, along with the expected capers and red onion. Lots of cream cheese and a crunch dill pickle.

The only downside - the service. The cashier/order taker was distracted with some scruffy dude who hung around chatting at the cash register while I was ordering and afterwards - no-one asked him to step back so that customers could order without interrupting their conversation. I also asked for her recommendation between the smoked salmon and tuna - she said "I don't know what to tell you, I don't like either." REALLY??? Who's doing the staff training there?

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“One Awesome Sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We were greeted by the owner as we walked in, who explained each menu choice to us before taking our order. He was very friendly and brought us a meat sample as we waited. He was very accomidating and superb customer service! The food was wonderful and perfect size portions! Will definitely be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere