“A great view of the course and a most enjoyable lunch.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 29 Outdoor Activities in Banff
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by the late Stanley Thompson, this challenging 6,729-yard, 27-hole course offers scenic thrills and golf challenges throughout its "Stanley Thompson 18" and "The Tunnel 9" courses.
Northampton, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“A great view of the course and a most enjoyable lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had been told by friends that we had to take a look at this fabulous course so we did and thought why not have lunch at the same time so we did.
Brandon looked after us really well and served the drinks and our meal which were most enjoyable. The views of the surrounding area are impressive with snow capped mountains and the Bow river plus a number of fairways and greens so well worth the visit.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 235 helpful votes
“Beautiful and challenging”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The golf course is definitely one to play when in Banff. We started with a breakfast at the club house then enjoyed a round of golf on this challenging course with many bunkers! The water in and around the course was beautifully used.

Calgary
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Sad State of Banff Springs Tunnel 9”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Wife and I had a couple of hours to get in some golf at this world class golf resort. What a waste of time, money and nature's gift of a setting.
This is at best a poor version of a forgotten municipal golf course.
I apologize to any and all city courses for I have played some amazing golf under municipal rule.
To con newbies into thinking you might be playing a 9 hole version of Banffs'
18 hole championship classic and charge a fee of $100.00.
"Robbery on the High Greens".
You should be ashamed. Nature has given you a spectacular setting which you have laid ruin. I'm sure your designers never thought their work would be allowed to fall into such disrepair. Sent

California
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“golf with the mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We paid $230 for two of us on a promotion for perhaps the greatest golf ing day of my life. Each hole is surrounded by beautiful trees and has views of the Canadian rockies. There is heavy bunkering on every hole and the sand is truly penal, being both heavy and soft and difficult to get out of(for me). The greens were running fast but not super lightning and they were very fair. The entire course is a very fair test of golf. Given that there are at least half a dozen holes I will always remember(and I have played Pebble Beach, St Andrew, Carnoustie, and many others, I call this one of the great golfing times of my life. The greens fees are steep, and this is a negative, but if you have $230 to throw away(or $110 x 2 golfers with a promo from the Fairmont Banff Springs), I recommend this to all golfers who enjoy experiences they will remember for a long time.

Ontario
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“good course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Challenging course with beautiful views. Preferred the gold course at Jasper Park Lodge with more forgiving greens.