“Charming inn experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added A Banff Boutique Inn - Pension Tannenhof to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
A Banff Boutique Inn - Pension Tannenhof
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   121 Cave Avenue | Box 1870, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B7, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 34 Banff B&B and Inns
Kitchener, Canada
“Charming inn experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Loved the charming feel of this small inn - high ceilings in the main areas (and room 3), hardwood floors, common great room with mountain views. Julia cheerfully waited up until midnight for us to arrive so we could wake up in Banff instead of the airport strip - thanks Julia! Becky (proprietor and Laurier alumni) and Heather make eggs to order at breakfast along with fresh orange juice, fresh fruit, fresh yogourt, fresh natural Banff-baked breads and bagels topped off a fresh baked treat that changes daily. And if you get up early to head to the slopes Heather and Julia makes sure you have access to all these breakfast items (including baked treats in a ziploc) so you can enjoy breakfast on your own early morning schedule. Short walk puts you in the heart of Banff downtown.

Room Tip: Room 3, just off the great room is spacious, bright, quiet with a sizeable ensuite with tub, separat...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Love this hotel and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Banff. It is about a 10 min. walk from town and the staff is great! Because we were the only guests to check in on the Sunday, they upgraded our room for free. Breakfast included eggs made to our liking, cereal, toast, tea or coffee. The common area was very relaxing with a fireplace to warm up in front of. I was so excited to buy a small piece of art by a frequent visitor to the inn! Great place for families, small groups or solo travelers!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberley, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here during a professional conference being held at the Banff Springs hotel. I am so happy that I did. The room was great - a cozy bed, huge bathroom, tons of closet space and nice and quiet. It was walking distance to both the conference and downtown. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was great!

I would recommend staying here to someone looking for a nice friendly, quiet experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

A few years ago when my daughter decided to marry she wanted to it to be in banff. My son had gotten married at a lodge in the rockies a few yeary previous and we had gotten to know the inn keeper there Lee. I kept in contact with Lee and found he had bought his own B&B. I asked Lee if he could do her Wedding, he agreed and we rented the whole place for the weekend. It was Fantastick. My Daughter got grease on her wedding dress during the pictures but the staff got the grease out before the cerimony.My wife and I have stayed there numerious times also my family and have always enjoyed ourselves every time.

Room Tip: The rooms above the garage out back are our favorite
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I admit- I almost didn't want to write a review on this place- I wanted to keep it as "secret" as I could- didn't want it to become too popular- but that wouldn't be fair...so here goes. my wife and I stayed here for 4 nights this January- our first trip to Banff (we live in Florida). Our stay couldn't have been better. It was the perfect getaway. Quiet, quaint, cozy, walking distance to town, but secluded enough to think otherwise, well appointed rooms, terrific staff, great breakfast, everything and more than what we had expected- the perfect romantic and relaxing getaway. As many other reviewers said- it definitely felt like a home away from home.

We have been dreaming of visiting Banff/Lake Louise for years. I had always imagined/dreamt of staying at the famous Fairmont Lake Louise Chateau. One day we drove up there- and the minute I stepped into the lobby of that place I knew we made the right decision on staying at the BBI. While the Chateau's location and vistas are undeniably beautiful, after 5 minutes of being inside the place I couldn't wait to leave- it was more a family resort from the 90's than anything else- and for a quarter of the price, the BBI was/is hands down the much better choice. I truly hope that we will be able to visit Banff again, and when we do we will definitely stay at the BBI.

Cochrane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The room was clean, comfortable, the staff very helpful, the included breakfast had very healthy choices. TV a bit small, but ok, we spent little time inside the room. The only negative was the somewhat tight parking area as there is limited room in the back.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I very much enjoyed staying at the Banff Boutique Inn. Our room was very cozy with a king size bed, nice couch, beautiful 'retro' bathroom. The common room is a great place to read a book, or have breakfast with a mountain view. The inn is about a ten minute walk, along the river, from downtown Banff. The staff is also very friendly! I'll definitely be back for my next stay in Banff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to A Banff Boutique Inn - Pension Tannenhof? Share your experiences!