“perfect place...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Banff Boutique Inn - Pension Tannenhof

Save Saved
You added A Banff Boutique Inn - Pension Tannenhof to your Saves list
A Banff Boutique Inn - Pension Tannenhof
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   121 Cave Avenue | Box 1870, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B7, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 34 Banff B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“perfect place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I admit- I almost didn't want to write a review on this place- I wanted to keep it as "secret" as I could- didn't want it to become too popular- but that wouldn't be fair...so here goes. my wife and I stayed here for 4 nights this January- our first trip to Banff (we live in Florida). Our stay couldn't have been better. It was the perfect getaway. Quiet, quaint, cozy, walking distance to town, but secluded enough to think otherwise, well appointed rooms, terrific staff, great breakfast, everything and more than what we had expected- the perfect romantic and relaxing getaway. As many other reviewers said- it definitely felt like a home away from home.

We have been dreaming of visiting Banff/Lake Louise for years. I had always imagined/dreamt of staying at the famous Fairmont Lake Louise Chateau. One day we drove up there- and the minute I stepped into the lobby of that place I knew we made the right decision on staying at the BBI. While the Chateau's location and vistas are undeniably beautiful, after 5 minutes of being inside the place I couldn't wait to leave- it was more a family resort from the 90's than anything else- and for a quarter of the price, the BBI was/is hands down the much better choice. I truly hope that we will be able to visit Banff again, and when we do we will definitely stay at the BBI.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Cochrane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The room was clean, comfortable, the staff very helpful, the included breakfast had very healthy choices. TV a bit small, but ok, we spent little time inside the room. The only negative was the somewhat tight parking area as there is limited room in the back.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I very much enjoyed staying at the Banff Boutique Inn. Our room was very cozy with a king size bed, nice couch, beautiful 'retro' bathroom. The common room is a great place to read a book, or have breakfast with a mountain view. The inn is about a ten minute walk, along the river, from downtown Banff. The staff is also very friendly! I'll definitely be back for my next stay in Banff.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I first stayed at the Boutique Inn during late November for a single night and could not wait to return. I've since been back twice, most recently for a week over Christmas. It's perfect for either a short or long stay. I cannot fault nor find an area in which the Inn could improve - the most welcoming, helpful and thoughtful staff who treat you as friends, beautiful setting & views, delicious & extensive breakfasts, incredibly reasonable prices, such comfortable beds and a homely, cosy atmosphere - all a beautiful walk from town. I cannot wait to go back, it's like a home away from home & is one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had with accommodation in Australia & Canada - and I was on my own. I cannot speak more highly of this beautiful little place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My first time at this property, because the hotel I usually stay at was full. The greeting when I arrived was exceptional, the tour of the place informative, the rooms comfortable and quirky. A great B&B run by people who actually seem to care about the comfort of their guests. Incredibly reasonable prices. A very pleasant experience. I will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Two friends and I stayed at the Boutique Inn in early December. Beckie and her staff were welcoming and helpful with giving us information about what to do and where to go. Their B&B is one of the most beautiful properties I have had the chance to stay at. The view from the living room is stunning and the fireplace makes for the perfect home away from home. We added one night to our stay because we couldn't get enough of it. Thanks!

Room Tip: We only stayed in one room, but it was nice!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We arrived at the banff boutique an hour earlier than advertised and as luck would have it our room was already available. We found the staff very welcoming and thought the tour and explanation of fridges/wifi/parking handy. This 2 night stay formed part of our honeymoon and with room number 9 we had ample privacy and seclusion. This was not our first visit to Banff but we took the advice from the staff and ate at the Bison Restauarant and found it amazing and the discount was very welcome!
We had the large king-size room with whirlpool bath and plenty of seating and all round excellent comfort and space. Our only small issue was that the heating kept the room very warm at night, which is ideal in the mountains in October but warmer than we would normally sleep in. On reflection if it bothered me that much I would have said something.
Should we stay in Banff again, this is the first place we will look to book, you can keep you Banff Springs or Rimrock Hotel.
We have been telling friends, both Canadian and British about this place and hope they all try and visit to.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms out back in the coach house.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to A Banff Boutique Inn - Pension Tannenhof? Share your experiences!