“Well located and great rooms!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Save Saved
You added Red Carpet Inn to your Saves list
Red Carpet Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   425 Banff Ave., Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L1B6, Canada   |
Announcement
Advanced Purchase Rates
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Calgary, Canada
“Well located and great rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The place could use some renovation (although the rooms themselves are great), and the breakfast is poor, but the staff were the nicest I've ever met (and I've stayed in a lot of hotels over the past few years). Also, they generously gave us towels to use at the hot springs (which is something none of the other hotels I've ever stayed at in Banff ever did).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff I, General Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank-you for your review!!!

I appreciate to hear that our staff are held in such high regard. We are a family owned property and are intentionally fostering a friendly family culture which extends to our guests.

Kind Regards,

Jeff Irwin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Checked in Thursday night and stayed through to Easter Sunday. Great and friendly check in and out service. Parking available around the back and limited underground (not for large vehicles or those who struggle to park!). Undergoing reno's at the moment but we didn't hear or encounter any issues. Hot tub has great views on 2nd Floor and lovely if you have it to yourself. You can use the pool next door too, changing facilities there and towels! There are 2 hot tubs and a fun pool for the kids here. So good value and a nice opportunity to change up surroundings.

Breakfast area is nice if not too busy. Basic fayre of cereal, muffins, bagels and toast with butter/cream cheese and jams/marmalades. Lovely fruit juice and coffee. There is a microwave there too if you wanted to use that.

We had room 310. Moved the seats to the balcony each night and watched the people go by. 2 queen beds partitioned by the bathroom was a nice separation and a good sized fridge meant that we could store lunch items and save eating out for evenings (St James Gate Irish pub highly recommended). Takes 5 minutes to walk to town and we found this excellent value for money.m. We paid $400 for the 3 nights there. We saw every season that long weekend - we'll be back soon beautiful Banff!

• Stayed April 2014
Jeff I, Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank-you for your kind review, we hope to see you again!
Sant Julia de Loria, Andorra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Best value for money at the Banff avenue. We found a good offer and ended up being very cheap. The staff, although nice in the begining, took 45 minutes to get us a blanket that we had asked for because it was very cold. Breakfast was poor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Saskatchewan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I am a middle aged male skier. I stayed at the Red Carpet Inn from March 25 to 28, 2014.

After reading many reviews on the Red Carpet Inn, my expectations weren't high. As in most reviews I found the staff friendly, helpful and efficient.

The hotel was very clean except for the underground parking, which is a bit of a disaster! The garage is cluttered with junk, dirty, stuff dripping from pipes, the concrete is peeling, the whole place feels almost unsafe. The rest of the hotel is good.

My room on the 3rd floor was much better than I expected. The bathroom was large, recently tiled and spotlessly clean. The single control tap on the sink was plumbed backwards - hot was cold and vice-versa.

The furniture was in good shape but a little dated, same for the carpet. The bed seemed fairly new and was very comfortable. They use the double sheet method so other than the decorative strip at the foot of the bed you don't have to deal with other peoples cooties.

Breakfast is very basic, cereal, bagels, coffee, juice, toast. No fruit or anything hot.

The window in my room wouldn't close all of the way. The frame was rotted and the closing mechanism was loose and almost falling off. In a way this was good . . . There is a bad odor in the hotel, especially in the hall ways and is worse as you go up floors (3rd floor is the top). I left the bathroom exhaust fan on all of the time and with the window stuck open a bit it was tolerable. The smell is very much like when a septic tank gets pumped out so I suspect it is sewer gas, maybe the plumbing is vented inside instead of out.

Conclusion: If it weren't for the smell this place would be a super value. I think I would ask if they have dealt with the odor before staying there again, it is quite offensive. :)

Room Tip: Ask if the sewer odor problem has been corrected. March 2014.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Andorra la Vella, Andorra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Even though they are in the midst of a renovation... I had a very comfortable stay... Third floor at the back facing norquay... Quiet after 10pm... Great staff--- very friendly !! No issues with my dog... Close to downtown-- few minutes walk!! Would stay here again... Good for the price and location!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Jeff I, General Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thanks for your kind review!

Insider Tip! Next time you bring your dog make sure to ask for puppy treats at the Front Desk!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed here for 8 night in early March. I was just expecting a clean place to stay in a good location and it was that and more. Staff were all friendly. Location a few minutes walk (about 2-3 blocks) to the centre of town. Rooms were much larger than I expected (I had family suite for 3 of us). Rooms and hotel all clean. Based on some reviews stating place looks old / run down etc I was expecting it to look a lot more dated, smell etc but it was great. Felt very clean. Beds comfortable. Big TV, heater and air con. Only went to breakfast a few days but its all you need to get you started. Toasts, cereal etc. Free wifi worked great was always fast and never dropped out. Ski shuttles leave from hotel either side of the Red Carpet. 100% would recommend this hotel for someone who wants a cheap easy convenient place to stay in a good location. Would definitely stay here again myself. I may even be back in a few months. Usually am a solo traveller. Did this trip with friends so was incredibly cheap. Also very affordable to stay here on my own.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jeff I, General Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank-you for your kind review. Our goal is to provide quality accommodation for less! Look forward to having you back.

Jeff Irwin

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!