“Banff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Inn

You added Banff Inn to your Saves list
Banff Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Banff Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A9, Canada   |
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Banff
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Banff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed 1 day/1 night on a group tour. 3 days would have been much better as there is plenty to see. Banff Inn breakfast was not good in a over crowded dining room, however the room/bed was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The location was perfect and it was the best price we could find for Banff. Rooms were average; same with amenities but the price was awesome. Staff were wonderful, rooms were clean and no complaints overall.

Room Tip: Wasn't super impressed with being on the ground floor. Would have been better on higher floors...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Kitchener
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We booked into the Banff Inn as we were going on a bus tour to the Columbia Ice Field. The bus picks you up right at the front door, so this is where we wanted to stay. The room was large, the beds were very comfortable, the pillows soft and lots of them. The free continental breakfast was very good and lots of it. We had the pizza for our supper after our tour trip and it was excellent. This place was excellent and would recommend it to anyone. There was an iron, ironing board, hair dryer and a fridge. Free coffee in the room, also. After we checked out and were on our way back to Calgary realized that I left my medications in the fridge. Upon contacting them, they sent my meds by Greyhound to Calgary for pickup. I cannot thank them enough for this service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The room was nice and comfy but lighting was pretty poor. Beds and pillows were really soft and comfy. Service was average. Underground parking was free but its first come first serve. The in house restaurant only had a continental breakfast but turns into a pizza joint in the evening, not much to write home about. All in all it was a nice place to sleep that wasn't too far from the fun.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

And yes... I was with one... so I apologize to any single families that this effects. There were something like 5 buses there while we were there. As a result, I don't think the staff is as attentive as they could be. At one point I walked up to the counter and one of the staff was writing in a notebook.. but never looked up. I had to wait till another staff member came to the desk to get any answers. One night I had to walk from my room to the front desk to get a wake up call because no one answered the phone. I guess I should consider myself lucky though because one of our group didn't even have a phone in his room! When he reported it to the staff they didn't seem too concerned. It took a call from our group leader to the management to get him a phone the next night. It didn't matter because several people spoke of no wake up calls...period.
Now for my biggest complaint/concern and that's the scalding hot water in the bathroom. I am not exaggerating. The fixture in the bathtub is so sensitive, that a small tap in one direction on the water is cold, tap it in the other direction and the water can get DANGEROUSLY hot. I would be very careful about leaving children unattended at the sink or in the tub especially. In addition... if someone is using the sink or toilet somewhere, your water temp can change in a heartbeat. I was taking a shower one night and this happened and I just about jumped through the far wall. My son thought I had fallen in the tab I yelled so loud... it was painful.
The staff again was advised as several in the group complained and the group leader again approached the staff and he was told "Yes, that's a maintenance issue, and had been for some time". I'm sorry....isn't that the point of a maintenance issue? To have Maintenance FIX it?" Again... be very careful in the shower ....
The rooms are very spacious, but unfortunately, since ours lacked a couch or lounge chairs (just a round table and two wooden chairs) it felt spartan, empty. Some rooms also have three or four steps so be careful if you have trouble with stairs that you request a room without stairs. There is a refrigerator in the room which was nice, but plastic cups ..no glass.

Room Tip: The only tip I can give is that you can take the #1 Banff public bus for $2 ($1 seniors) into town b...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pickering, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed one night on our way through the mountains and there are only two good things I can say. The view from our room was terrific and the bed was comfy. Otherwise, the towels were like sandpaper, the room doesn't come with an iron or ironing board, it's a fair walk to town and the staff in the breakfast room were more interested in chatting than anything else. I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We found this to be one of the cheaper hotel options in the Banff area and for the price it did not disappoint. Room was clean, comfortable and spacious and the Wi-Fi worked great. I agree with others about the parking - the garage is small and if you have a large car or truck I would definitely recommend parking it on the street. The breakfast was a bit disappointing, with just cereals, cold hard boiled eggs, toast and yogurt. It definitely will not fill you up if you have an active day ahead of you. The hotel is also a very pleasant 15-20 minute walk from the heart of downtown Banff. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple